Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#97 2008-04-16 17:23:30

trenc
Plugin Author
Website GitHub

Re: yab_shop (simple textpattern shop with paypal support)

After a special wish via email, I shipped out a minor update 0.3.2. Now with support for serbian dinar.

#98 2008-04-19 17:03:41

minioak

I was wondering if there was a configuration option to only allow one of each product to purchased. This is because the shop I am planning on setting up, there will only ever be one of each product available (ever).

Thanks for such a great plugin!

#99 2008-04-24 07:26:54

trenc
Plugin Author
Website GitHub

No, there is no such option.

But I don’t understand it correctly. Do you mean that your costumers can only buy one of a specific product or buy only one product in the whole? If last one it should be possible with a buy now button (paypal) or an simple contact form in which you refer a POST or GET variable from the product. So there is no need of a cart functionaltity.

And I can’t imagine a real scenary of the first option (buy one product of specific product). Except the products are unique — like masterpieces etc. This could be possible with a store or warehouse management. But this is not implemented in yab shop.

#100 2008-04-24 12:16:45

progre55

Trenc:

I know you have advised against it, but are their any plans to allow the purchase straight from a list. Right now, as you know, I can display a list, but then the user needs to go into the individual articles to select and make a purchase. Not that this is a huge deal, but it would be nice and convenient for people who wanted to purchase quickly and miultiple items if they could do so from a list view.

Again, thanks for the great plug in.

progre55

#101 2008-04-26 03:53:20

King Rat

Thanks, trenc, for this great plugin. I’ve downloaded it and am playing with it now. I was wondering about the possibility of having the product options affect the price. So, for example, if I were selling shirts, and I had a size option such that small or medium were the set price, but large would be +$2.00. This would be awesome, but I don’t know that it would be easy to code.

#102 2008-04-26 07:07:39

the_ghost
Plugin Author
Website

King Rat – i think what you ask can be done by easy javascript ;)

Providing help in hacking ATM! Come to courses and don’t forget to bring us notebook and hammer! What for notebook? What a kind of hacker you are without notebok?

#103 2008-04-26 10:06:38

trenc
Plugin Author
Website GitHub

@progre55:

Yeah, I know the problem. It’s annyoing to click on an add-to-cart-button and to redirect to the single product. I will try find a proper solution for this.

@King Rat:
As the_ghost wrote this could be possible with javascript respectively with an ajax call. But the main problem here is: I don’t know yet where the prices for the specific property (e.g. size) will be stored. It have to be such an form that I can build an array from it. But I will think about it.
As an dirty workaround this time you can only store the different sizes/prices as single products and arrange it in (sub-)categories.
Similar is the problem with different shipping costs per product.

Here is my internal todo list in todo order for interested parties to see what could be following next:

• admin order interface – will store the customer data, purchased products, status of selling process (pending, paid, shipped etc. will be changed automatically and manually)
  • paypal ipn or ptd – will see which one; could automatically change the selling process status
  • cart adding on product lists without redirect to the single product
  • different shipping methods and different shipping costs
  • different properties (e.g. size or amount) and different prices
  • token or array return after a successfull transaction to ship out downloads etc.
  • mlp compatibility

But, of course, bug fixing and security fixing will be served first.

#104 2008-04-26 17:03:17

King Rat

the_ghost wrote:

King Rat – i think what you ask can be done by easy javascript ;)

Hmm. Yah. I tend not to think in Javascript terms for some reason. Probably because I’m not as good with it as I am with other languages. But yeah, that’s a solution ;)

#105 2008-05-02 07:41:04

amyng

Is there a way to put a limit to the quantity of things I’d like to sell? Say I have 20 bags to sell, and I want a SOLD OUT button to display after selling the 20th piece…
I’m also puzzled on how to get the Private Key and Public Certificate from OpenSSL. I don’t understand a word of what I’m supposed to do to get a cert! Can anyone guide me please?

Amy

Last edited by amyng (2008-05-02 08:14:05)

#106 2008-05-02 09:53:00

trenc
Plugin Author
Website GitHub

Is there a way to put a limit to the quantity of things I’d like to sell? Say I have 20 bags to sell, and I want a SOLD OUT button to display after selling the 20th piece…

No, sorry! This will work when a store management is implemented. You have to handle it manually at the moment.

I’m also puzzled on how to get the Private Key and Public Certificate from OpenSSL. I don’t understand a word of what I’m supposed to do to get a cert! Can anyone guide me please?

First you need an access to a unix or linux machine with an installed openssl. Maybe you have an ssh access to your hosting or web account and this is a unix or linux so you can do this. For windows maybe this port will work (not tested).

If you have an access so follow the steps of the paypal site:

1. First create a private key with the following command: openssl genrsa -out my-private-key.pem 1024 – this will produce a 1024bit long RSA key for you, where my-private-key.pem is the name of the file which will be saved in your home directory.
  2. With this key/file you can create your public certificate now: openssl req -new -key my-private-key.pem -x509 -days 365 -out my-public-certificate.pem – During the generating process you will be asked some questions about the owner of the certificate. The file my-public-certificate.pem will also be saved in the same place as your private key.
  3. Then you have to upload your public certificate to your paypal account. After this procedure you will get your paypal certificate id (CERT ID).
  4. Now you can grab the paypal public certificate (it’s a file, too) from you paypal account.
  5. As the last step place the three files (your own generated my-private-key.pem, my-public-certificate.pem and the paypal certificate paypal_cert.pem) in your hosting account and configure the shop in yab_shop_config as described in the plugin help.

#107 2008-05-04 21:00:43

King Rat

Hmm. I noticed something irksome over the weekend. Yab_shop supports three product options (size, color, etc.) but PayPal only supports two :( It took me a while to figure out why my third property wasn’t showing up in PayPal. I think I may hack the plugin to put the third option in the PayPal API ‘custom’ variable, which is passed through to the seller, and not seen by the buyer.

Oh, and Amy, I’ve used the Windows OpenSSL port linked to by trenc, and haven’t had any problems with it. The encryption chapter in Damon Williams’s book, Pro PayPal E-Commerce, walks the reader through the process fairly well.

Trenc, that answer above makes it sound like you intend to eventually add store management. I can imagine that development is a fair ways off, but the tease certainly whets my appetite ;)

#108 2008-05-05 10:19:25

trenc
Plugin Author
Website GitHub

Hmm. I noticed something irksome over the weekend. Yab_shop supports three product options (size, color, etc.) but PayPal only supports two :( It took me a while to figure out why my third property wasn’t showing up in PayPal. I think I may hack the plugin to put the third option in the PayPal API ‘custom’ variable, which is passed through to the seller, and not seen by the buyer.

Holy crap, your right!

I thought the paypal optional parameters would be incrementally, but paypal only allow two of them. I wil fix it next version. I think I will merge only two optional parameters/properties and not all three, ‘cause of 200 characters length issue of the paypal parameters.

Trenc, that answer above makes it sound like you intend to eventually add store management. I can imagine that development is a fair ways off, but the tease certainly whets my appetite ;)

Well, ‘cause some users have asked about it so I think I could implement it. This will be not so complicated with an additional custom field, I think.

Board footer