Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2008-01-31 17:26:39

vittorio
Website

[mention] An italian review of Txp

After a couple of years as a happy user, I just finished writing a review of Txp. I’m italian, and obviously it is written in italian. But I thought someone would appreciate. I will post it in the italian txp-forum too.

Regards, and good look with your work,
Vittorio

PS: What about some kind of contest to “spread the word” of txp? Different reviews in different languages, and the best ones could be publicized in textpattern.com’s homepage…

Happily served with Txp: Strampelli.net, Brain Essence, NicolaTranfaglia.com

#2 2008-01-31 19:13:19

zero
Website

Re: [mention] An italian review of Txp

I used babelfish to translate it and the parts that made sense are very interesting. Babelfish makes the rest of it very funny! So it’s enjoyable in any language, Vittorio. Thanks!

A kind of “x-factor” talent contest for best textpattern review sounds interesting too and could also be quite hilarious :)

BB6 Band My band
Gud One My blog

#3 2008-01-31 21:46:29

els

vittorio

Nice article! I could even read it without Zingarelli’s help ;) And so very positive! I was just about to post something like ‘everyone will think you’re getting paid for writing this’ when I read your note ;)

non becco una lira per questa recensione.

Since you already covered a large part of the textpattern.com main page (no criticism intended!), wouldn’t you care to contribute to Pat64’s idea of translating textpattern.com?

One small thing: I thought the default for limit was 10?

se <txp:article /> da solo mostra in homepage l’elenco degli ultimi 5 articoli, basterà scrivere <txp:article limit=“8” /> per far sì che ne vengano mostrati 8.

What I also like is that you compared TXP to WP in a casual, non-offending way.

zero

Don’t. Use. Bablefish.

#4 2008-01-31 22:57:42

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Looks good vittorio, nice one. Wish I knew more than five phrases in Italian, most of them centred around asking for a table/the bill/a receipt/beer :-\

Els wrote:

Don’t. Use. Bablefish.

Now come on Els, what would humanity do without it?! Whenever I’m in need of cheering up I find any random foreign article on the web and run it through Babelfish, then fall about laughing at the mess it makes of it. For more advanced entertainment, an English article run through any foreign language then back to English is priceless. I swear all cheap imported products run their manuals through it instead of hiring human translators.

I tell ya, for sheer comedy value Babelfish takes some beating :-D

Last edited by Bloke (2008-01-31 23:01:02)

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#5 2008-01-31 23:22:56

els

Bloke wrote:

I tell ya, for sheer comedy value Babelfish takes some beating :-D

OK you’re right :) I meant of course don’t use it when you really, seriously need a translation, you’ll probably understand more from the article in Italian, than from the bablefish English…

#6 2008-01-31 23:25:06

vittorio
Website

Els wrote:

Nice article! I could even read it without Zingarelli’s help ;)

Els, looks like you know a little bit more than just some italian ;)

Since you already covered a large part of the textpattern.com main page (no criticism intended!), wouldn’t you care to contribute to Pat64’s idea of translating textpattern.com?

Didn’t notice that thread. Count on me.

One small thing: I thought the default for limit was 10?

Correct, and corrected in my post ;)

Thank you all guys, Zero, Bloke (I stole the pics from textpattern.com just because i wanted to use your slimbox plugin ;). Glad you liked it. And thanks to Babelfish: life would be much more boring without it :)))

Vittorio

Last edited by vittorio (2008-02-01 00:06:38)

Happily served with Txp: Strampelli.net, Brain Essence, NicolaTranfaglia.com

Board footer