Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#301 2007-09-15 23:01:46

truist
Plugin Author
Website

Re: tru_tags: A tagging plugin for textpattern

Paul_U – thanks a lot! You’re right about the problems, and I’ll happily post the fixes. Can you post or send (truist-20070915@truist.com) the php to me?

Everyone else – the work travel continues, and my personal life remains the lower priority. I will catch up, someday, I promise :)

#302 2007-09-16 14:38:50

candyman

I’ve found an error using tru_tags with the Quick_Internal_Builder

The list of tags in the admin page is confused with many “Insert Link” words.

Last edited by candyman (2007-09-16 14:40:26)

#303 2007-09-17 08:15:33

Paul_U
Website

Hi truist, I’ve sent you the php, I hope it’s useful to you :).

ps. Does anyone know why, as soon as i log in, the user names seem to disappear? Suddenly, everyone’s named zeta or beta or some greek letter =).

#304 2007-09-17 08:26:02

iblastoff
Plugin Author
Website

Paul_U wrote:

Does anyone know why, as soon as i log in, the user names seem to disappear? Suddenly, everyone’s named zeta or beta or some greek letter =).

hmm..are you using camino?

#305 2007-09-18 15:27:49

Paul_U
Website

iblastoff wrote:

hmm..are you using camino?

No, firefox.. but I don’t think it’s a browser issue, since the names are also missing from the source of the page itself:

<dl>
					<dt><strong></strong></dt>
					<dd class="usertitle"><strong>êta</strong></dd>
					<dd class="postavatar"></dd>

But maybe I should ask this question somewhere else :)

#306 2007-09-25 11:33:04

minitrue

minitrue wrote:

Hmm, does anyone have an idea if it’s possible to make build the tagcloud only with recent articles? As the database with articles keeps on growing, it seems to me that recent tags with articles are more important than old articles with their tags.

bump No-one?

#307 2007-09-25 12:05:17

iblastoff
Plugin Author
Website

minitrue wrote:

Hmm, does anyone have an idea if it’s possible to make build the tagcloud only with recent articles? As the database with articles keeps on growing, it seems to me that recent tags with articles are more important than old articles with their tags.

why not set a max for your tag cloud to include only the most frequent tags? makes a lot more sense than saying a newer article is more important than an older one?

#308 2007-09-25 12:29:28

minitrue

iblastoff wrote:

minitrue wrote:

why not set a max for your tag cloud to include only the most frequent tags? makes a lot more sense than saying a newer article is more important than an older one?

But “Frequent” seems to be the problem here… On my site old articles are way less important than new articles. That makes the tags of the old articles less important than the newer tags. I would like to reflect that in my tagcloud, i.e.: These are the tags that are most used in the past month. The standard tagcloud only gives me the opportunity to display the most used tags of the entire time since the site was started…

#309 2007-09-26 10:11:30

truist
Plugin Author
Website

minitrue – the feature you describe could be implemented, so I’ll put it on the list for the next version. I can’t think of a way to do it in the current version of tru_tags, sorry.

#310 2007-09-30 12:08:25

merz1
Website

@Nathan: A little bug in tru_tags 2.3 (TXP 4.0.5).

Adding a space at the end of the keyword list by mistake makes the article disappear in the result list.

Example: ‘keyword1, keyword2 ‘
Searching for ‘keyword2’ doesn’t show the article.
The keyword link created by tru_tags is correct: ‘…/tag/keyword2/’!

Editing the list to ‘keyword1, keyword2’ shows the expected tag search result.

Get all online mentions of Textpattern via OPML subscription: TXP Info Sources: Textpattern RSS feeds as dynamic OPML

#311 2007-11-11 03:29:50

truist
Plugin Author
Website

All, I’m very pleased to announce the release of tru_tags v3.0. (Yes, it’s after a very long delay – sorry about that.) You’ll note that the version number went from 2.3 to 3.0 – that’s because I finally implemented true admin-side configurability. Once installed, you’ll have an “Extensions” tab (if you don’t already), with a “tru_tags” sub-tab. (Note that you have to click away from the “Plugins” tab before you’ll see the “Extensions” tab, for security reasons.) On that tru_tags sub-tab, you can:

• Configure all the tru_tags settings that you used to have to edit the plugin for
    • The settings are saved in a new database table, so they will be preserved across versions
    • tru_tags will delete the table if your settings simply reflect the defaults, to make it easier to uninstall the plugin
  • Batch rename and/or delete tags across all your articles
  • Configure redirection rules so that ‘old’ tags will be redirected to new ones
    • Again, these settings are saved in a table that will be deleted if you remove all the redirections

This release also includes 404 page handling. If a tag search comes up empty, the user will be redirected to the site’s 404 page. This behavior is customizable – see the documentation for details.

I’ve fixed a number of bugs:

• andreas, the allowoverride issue you reported was a legitimate bug, and has been fixed
  • Rigel, I can’t reproduce the section issue that you reported. Are you still seeing it?
  • Paul_U, thank you very much for the code that fixed the problems with special characters that you reported – it is in this version
  • merz1, the issue you reported with spaces at the end of the keywords field is actually a bug with the 4.0.5 release of Textpattern. I found the issue and reported it, and it has already been fixed for the next Textpattern release.
  • I discovered that the hacky implementation of related_articles_from_search was out of date with respect to the latest Textpattern code, so I updated it.

There is a long list of other feature requests that aren’t included in this release, and I’m certain that there will be new requests based on the new admin features. I’ve tried to catalog them on a new roadmap page on my site, and also give you some sense of the order in which I plan to implement them. Please let me know if your requested feature is missing, or if you want to push something higher on the priority list.

And as always, I hope you find it useful, and please let me know if you find bugs :)

Last edited by truist (2008-07-03 11:40:29)

#312 2007-11-11 07:34:29

andreas
Website

Thanks a lot truist — this looks excellent. However, I have a problem:

I can’t get tag-based URLs to work. I use “stichwort” instead of “tag” as the “tag-word”; but it doesn’t work with “tag” either. I end up on my custom 404 page.

Last edited by andreas (2007-11-11 07:35:42)

Board footer