Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#13 2007-03-31 22:14:35

akokskis
Plugin Author
Website

Re: [plugin] [ORPHAN] ako_write_page_email

Hmm…. Interesting. What browser are you using? If you’re not using Firefox, try it with that and see if it works and let me know.

As an aside, my roots are actually from Ukraine.

My Photoblog, and my personal site. Got nav? ako_nav.
Thanks for taking the time to look…

— vc3 —

#14 2007-03-31 22:19:16

masa

Just for the record: it works fine in FF 1.5, txp 4.0.4.

M

#15 2007-04-01 08:58:49

bzx

akokskis wrote:

Hmm…. Interesting. What browser are you using? If you’re not using Firefox, try it with that and see if it works and let me know.

using FF 2.0 of course, and it doesn’t work there, I’ve tried it with IE – the same..

thanks!

#16 2007-04-01 17:11:20

akokskis
Plugin Author
Website

Sorry mate, I’ve tried it on FF 2.0.0.2 on a Mac, and there seems to be no issue.
Check on the plugins page which version of the plugin you’re using. I seem to remember this was an issue that I dealth with going from 0.1->0.2. If you’re not at v0.2, you can get it here

— vc3 —

#17 2007-04-01 17:52:07

bzx

Hey, thanks for checking that

Unfortunately the buttons don’t work for me – I’ve checked IE, Firefox and Opera, and there is a Javascript error in both IE and FF error console (posted before).

I am using IE 6.0, FF 2.0.0.3, Opera 9.03, working with Texpattern 4.0.4, your plugin version 0.2 of course.

I really don’t know what could be the issue, i thought it’s the language version of textpattern, but I have English language installed (using Polish by default.. btw I’m Polish, hence my previous question), and I’ve tried that and it wouldn’t work either.

I’ve also tried turning of some FF plugins with no result, but since I’ve tested it on 3 browsers then the problem is somewhere else..
But I have no clue..

Anyway, thanks for your effort, the plugin is useful without that feature anyway.

Peace
Tom

#18 2007-04-01 19:18:59

net-carver
Archived Plugin Author

bzx wrote:

thanks for a great plugin it works with my 4.0.4 installation however it does NOT insert the link into the body – there is an error on line 11, char 4, “Object doesn’t support this property or method” – I’m not quite sure where’s the problem.

has anyone have similar problem with this ?

Looks like it might be a PHP4 issue … are you running on a PHP4 host?

Steve

#19 2007-04-01 19:25:06

akokskis
Plugin Author
Website

net-carver wrote:

Honestly, I don’t think so. I’m pretty sure (and I’ve have to check by going through the code) that there’s no OOP code in this plugin. What I think it seems to be is a JavaScript issue, which doesn’t really make too much sense to me, especially if Tom is running Firefox 2.

I’ll try to look into it a bit, but it’s kind of hard to tell (especially not being so hott with JS).

— vc3 —

#20 2007-04-01 19:30:31

net-carver
Archived Plugin Author

akokskis wrote:

Honestly, I don’t think so. I’m pretty sure (and I’ve have to check by going through the code) that there’s no OOP code in this plugin. What I think it seems to be is a JavaScript issue, which doesn’t really make too much sense to me, especially if Tom is running Firefox 2.

Oh well, it seemed to remind me of the OOP compatibility problems that cropped up between v4 and v5 of PHP when I’ve worked on other plugins — hence the post.

Steve

#21 2007-04-01 19:55:48

bzx

net-carver wrote:

hm.. didn’t think of it, but i don’t think that’s the cause. i can switch between PHP 4 and 5, i’ll see what’s the result and let you know…
just checked – nope, that’s not the issue.

btw. can anyone check if the insert buttons work when you open that link not in popup but in a new tab of firefox ?

peace

#22 2007-04-01 20:16:42

akokskis
Plugin Author
Website

I just tried with a new tab instead of a popup and it didn’t seem to work.
The way the JS works, as I recall, it should only actually work in a popup window, as a new tab is treated by the browser differently than a new poped up window (as in they have different JS variables, etc).
I would think that if you used it as a popup, the insert buttons should work.
Cheers.

— vc3 —

#23 2007-04-01 21:11:51

bzx

Thanks man (that was my mistake, i thoguht i can’t get the console with a popup, but i can.. nevermind..)

anyway here’s the error from the console:
Error: window.opener.edInsertContent is not a function

And i found the error in your plugin code, and i was able to fix it :)
Errors in line 131 and 133, just before the declaration of the function “edInsertContent”:

Not working for me:
if (body) { window.opener.edInsertContent(window.opener.document.getElementById("body"), insert); } else { window.opener.edInsertContent(window.opener.document.getElementById("excerpt"), insert); } }

Working for me:
if (body) { edInsertContent(window.opener.document.getElementById("body"), insert); } else { edInsertContent(window.opener.document.getElementById("excerpt"), insert); } }

I’m sure that I have the latest version of your plugin, but it’s kinda strange that it worked for everyone else but me, even with that strange error – which I can’t tell if the fix is correct because I don’t know JS ;)

Peace

Last edited by bzx (2007-04-01 21:15:34)

#24 2007-04-03 22:08:03

bzx

no comments ?
ok cool, i’m glad it worked for me.

i also changed the function to have the link displayed under Textile Help, which is quicker than having it all the way down in Advanced.
just replaced “advanced” with “textile_help” in the declaration of ako_write_page_email() (optionally for those with txp 4.0.3 it’s in the function ako_write_page_email_old()).

peace

Board footer