Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#205 2007-03-12 22:58:51

Beertigger

Re: tru_tags: A tagging plugin for textpattern

truist wrote:

It’s possible that I broken the messy-url generation in v2.0. Is anyone else using messy urls for tru_tags?

I’m using messy urls, and am getting the extra / at the end which is throwing a monkey wrench in the works.

Any idea on how to get this to work?

#206 2007-03-13 07:48:19

december76
Website

Regarding international characters: they seem to work fine in version 2.0. I had a conflict with another URI related plugin. My apologies.

#207 2007-03-13 11:48:28

truist
Plugin Author
Website

december76 – woohoo! I was worried about that one :)

Beertigger – I hear your pain and it’s at the top of my priority list. I’ll look into it tonight or tomorrow night.

#208 2007-03-13 16:34:44

Beertigger

truist wrote:

Beertigger – I hear your pain and it’s at the top of my priority list. I’ll look into it tonight or tomorrow night.

Gracias!

#209 2007-03-14 04:20:35

truist
Plugin Author
Website

I’m pleased to announce the release of tru_tags v2.1. This release fixes all of the known bugs and adds a few minor (but requested!) features. Specifically:

• merz1 – I’ve put in attributes to let you Capitalize (or UPPERCASE) tags from within the plugin
  • OpalCat and Beertigger – I’ve fixed messy URLs
  • molly and merz1 – I added two new attributes (filtersearch and excludesection) that provide finer-grained control over when/how/which sections are excluded
  • molly – I fixed the error message about min() and max() that was showing up if the cloud was empty
  • nicklas – I think I’ve partially fixed the problem you were having with your log files. Can you let me know if v2.1 is equivalent to your hand-edit?
  • Clean URLs are now automatically on or off based on how you have your site configured
  • It’s now possible to have clouds link to external sites (or alternate locations on your site)
  • I fixed a minor warning message that would appear if you had php logging turned up to “notify”

Sorry for the long delay – as usual, work took precedence. Also as usual, there are extensive details in the documentation. Please let me know if you run into any problems :)

Last edited by truist (2008-07-03 11:55:35)

#210 2007-03-15 05:42:23

Beertigger

Still getting a 404 off the tag cloud links; they’ve got the / on the end, still, which apparently sends things all wonky.

#211 2007-03-15 11:56:25

truist
Plugin Author
Website

Try re-posting an article, or switching your site from ‘Live’ to ‘Testing’ and back, and then refreshing the page. TXP’s caching often causes problems like this. If that’s not the problem, I’ll dig into it.

#212 2007-03-15 16:47:34

merz1
Website

My memory … vanishes …

I can’t remember that I had wishes for such fine features :-)

But, YES, I love your plugin and all those nice features. Kudos for “clouds link to external sites”! Have to check the documentation right now :)

Get all online mentions of Textpattern via OPML subscription: TXP Info Sources: Textpattern RSS feeds as dynamic OPML

#213 2007-03-15 18:35:05

Beertigger

truist wrote:

Try re-posting an article, or switching your site from ‘Live’ to ‘Testing’ and back, and then refreshing the page. TXP’s caching often causes problems like this. If that’s not the problem, I’ll dig into it.

I’d tried posting and re-posting, but the site status switch seems to have done it… Thanks!

#214 2007-03-15 21:08:21

merz1
Website

Just implemented the “clouds link to external sites” feature.

My code example to give readers more support when doing a research on the same subject. Examples can be seen on my website (homepage and in the footer of single articles):

<txp:if_individual_article>
<txp:tru_tags_if_has_tags>
<h4>Search keywords from the article on the Internet:</h4>
<p>Technorati: <txp:tru_tags_from_article linkpath="http://technorati.com/search/"
 texttransform="capitalize" usenofollow="1" /><br />
Google: <txp:tru_tags_from_article linkpath="http://www.google.com/search?q="
 texttransform="capitalize" usenofollow="1" />
</p>
</txp:tru_tags_if_has_tags>
</txp:if_individual_article>

Not so nice is the slash at the end which results in a slash in the search i.e. at Technorati.

Very nice is the automatic URL-encoding.

BTW: I think I prefer http://technorati.com/search/ to gain more results (and the slash at the end vanishes automagically). And of course everybody can link back to i.e. Google with http://www.google.com/search?q= (no consequences through the trailing slash)

Get all online mentions of Textpattern via OPML subscription: TXP Info Sources: Textpattern RSS feeds as dynamic OPML

#215 2007-03-15 23:22:50

pieman
Website

Hello.. tis a very fine plugin you have here :)

Is it possible to call a combination of live and sticky articles? Something like this…

<txp:tru_tags_if_tag_search><h1>Filed under “<txp:tru_tags_tag_parameter />”</h1></txp:tru_tags_if_tag_search> <ul class="teasers"> <txp:tru_tags_handler form="archive" status="live,sticky" /> </ul>

At the moment, stickies aren’t showing up.
thanks

Stu

#216 2007-03-16 00:35:54

merz1
Website

tru_tags is using the standard search code. I think you have to include sticky articles in the output.

txp:article has the following parameter:

searchsticky=“boolean”: When outputting search results, include articles with status ‘sticky’. Available values: 1 (yes) or 0 (no). Default is 0 (no).

Example:

<txp:article limit="10" sortby="Posted" searchsticky="1" />

The tru_tags documentation says about tru_tags_handler:

… This tag accepts most of the standard txp:article attributes, which will be applied during the tag search. …

So I would try to add searchsticky=“1” to your tru_tags_handler parameters. Hmm, it doesn’t work in my TXP 4.0.4 installation.

Nathan, HELP :-)

Side note (TXP 4.0.4, see txp:article): sort added (replaces sortby and sortdir) / sortby and sortdir deprecated. tru_tags is handling sort=“Posted desc” appropriate. Tested and changed.

Last edited by merz1 (2007-03-16 00:36:27)

Board footer