Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#25 2006-07-24 22:23:42

Walker
Plugin Author
Website

Re: wlk_mp

Guys, the following is the style I threw in my stylesheet to get it to look better:

<code>
.magazine-image img
{
border: 1px solid #000;
margin: 2px;
}
</code>

If you want the whole box containing the images to have text flow around it do this:

<code>
.magazine-image
{
float: left;
}
</code>

That <code>left</code> can be a right if you so desire.

Last edited by Walker (2006-07-24 22:26:01)

#26 2006-07-24 22:31:23

amygail

There’s another ‘duh’ for me.
Still need to tweak – but yipppe it’s gonna work.

Now – if I just had pop-ups…..
Thanks again!
a

#27 2006-07-24 22:43:47

Walker
Plugin Author
Website

Hold thine horses.

#28 2006-07-24 22:49:55

amygail

Mine horses barely fit in my apartment- but I’m certain the ride will be worth the struggle.
I can’t work on the site for a few anyway.
Thanks for the great plugin and help.
best
a

#29 2006-07-29 12:37:04

cnolle
Archived Plugin Author
Website

This is excellent work Walker, really. Thanks for adding the ability to use categories instead of image ID’s.

One minor, minor issue. It looks like the directory where it looks for the images is hardcoded to ‘images’, so if you change this in the textpattern admin is fails to find the images.

other than that great stuff

- Christian

#30 2006-07-29 13:00:44

els

Thanks for a great plugin Walker!

I just don’t quite understand what the padding attribute does. Padding between the images has to be set in the CSS with margin for .magazine-image img, otherwise there will be no padding at all between the images. But the padding attribute does make a difference, if you don’t set it to a certain value the images are moved around so they’re not in a square at all anymore. What that certain value is I only found out by trial and error, I fail to see the logic behind it.
But never mind, I’m only using it on one page, and I finally managed to get that one to display all right :)

#31 2006-08-02 20:14:39

els

I don’t understand. All of a sudden my page with wlk_mp on it won’t load anymore, unless I disable the plugin. It was working fine yesterday. I didn’t change anything in the article the plugin tag is in since I installed the plugin, five days ago. After that, I installed two other plugins, but disabling those doesn’t make any difference.
Can someone give me a hint where to start looking for the cause?

#32 2006-08-02 20:30:47

Walker
Plugin Author
Website

Could you go into debugging mode and give me the error output details?

Oh…..and on your padding attribute thing….the padding number is required as it is used in the calulations made when making the entirety set at a specific width.

..Although, I just checked and I’m setting a default that should take over if you don’t set anything….I’ll have to look further into this issue.

Last edited by Walker (2006-08-02 20:35:00)

#33 2006-08-02 20:52:00

els

Walker wrote:

Could you go into debugging mode and give me the error output details?

Er… that was the first thing I thought of, but of course the page won’t load, so no output at all :( If I disable the plugin the error output is just that wlk_mp etc. is an unknown tag.

Oh…..and on your padding attribute thing….the padding number is required as it is used in the calulations made when making the entirety set at a specific width.
..Although, I just checked and I’m setting a default that should take over if you don’t set anything….I’ll have to look further into this issue.

Please don’t go through any trouble for this, I managed to display it right in the end. If I don’t set the padding the images don’t form a square. The only thing I found is that the padding has to be more than the margin set in the CSS, at least in my setup.

Thanks for your reply.

Edit: I just noticed that eventually the page does display, it takes at least 15 minutes or maybe more, I didn’t keep track of the time. But the images are not displayed. I’ll turn debugging mode on now. The page is here.

Last edited by els (2006-08-02 20:56:27)

#34 2006-08-02 21:08:52

els

The page took 11 minutes to load and no images are displayed. Error output:

An error occurred in the following tag: <txp:wlk_mp width="310" padding="6" images="35|38|36|39|37" alt="honden in mijn leven" /> ->  Warning: getimagesize(http://doggiez.nl/images/35.jpg): failed to open stream: HTTP request failed!  ;J  on line 45

An error occurred in the following tag: <txp:wlk_mp width="310" padding="6" images="35|38|36|39|37" alt="honden in mijn leven" /> ->  Warning: getimagesize(http://doggiez.nl/images/38.jpg): failed to open stream: HTTP request failed!  ;J  on line 45

An error occurred in the following tag: <txp:wlk_mp width="310" padding="6" images="35|38|36|39|37" alt="honden in mijn leven" /> ->  Warning: getimagesize(http://doggiez.nl/images/36.jpg): failed to open stream: HTTP request failed!  ;J  on line 45

An error occurred in the following tag: <txp:wlk_mp width="310" padding="6" images="35|38|36|39|37" alt="honden in mijn leven" /> ->  Warning: getimagesize(http://doggiez.nl/images/39.jpg): failed to open stream: HTTP request failed!  ;J  on line 45

An error occurred in the following tag: <txp:wlk_mp width="310" padding="6" images="35|38|36|39|37" alt="honden in mijn leven" /> ->  Warning: getimagesize(http://doggiez.nl/images/37.jpg): failed to open stream: HTTP request failed!  ;J  on line 45

An error occurred in the following tag: <txp:wlk_mp width="310" padding="6" images="35|38|36|39|37" alt="honden in mijn leven" /> ->  Notice: Undefined index:  format  on line 207

An error occurred in the following tag: <txp:wlk_mp width="310" padding="6" images="35|38|36|39|37" alt="honden in mijn leven" /> ->  Notice: Undefined index:  url  on line 207

An error occurred in the following tag: <txp:wlk_mp width="310" padding="6" images="35|38|36|39|37" alt="honden in mijn leven" /> ->  Notice: Undefined index:  ratio  on line 207

An error occurred in the following tag: <txp:wlk_mp width="310" padding="6" images="35|38|36|39|37" alt="honden in mijn leven" /> ->  Warning: array_multisort(): Argument #1 is expected to be an array or a sort flag  on line 207

(Edit: in case you’re viewing the page, I disabled the plugin to make the page available for visitors again.)

Last edited by els (2006-08-03 22:01:35)

#35 2006-08-07 13:29:46

Walker
Plugin Author
Website

@Els: Did you ever get this thing working? If not, try the new version. I think I cleaned up some problems with it.

@Everyone: I have update the plugin to v0.5. Besides come cleanup and revision, This fixes a bug in specifying the image category via the tag rather than the custom_field (both work now). You can now specify the number of images to appear (when using category) by creating a custom field call “magnum” or using the attribute “number” within the tag.

I made all the paths within the plugin itself use the $GLOBALS[‘prefs’] sorry this wasn’t done sooner. (I think this is part of what was causing Els’ problem).

I looked into how to deal with the path within the image.php file that you must upload to the “files” directory. If your image directory is not at the same level as the “files” directory and the images directory is not named default, you won’t have any problems with the plugin itself, but you’ll have to go edit the image.php file so that it works correctly.

You’ll be editing line 8 where it says:

<pre><code>
$file = ‘../images/’.$_GET[‘file’];
</code></pre>

Change that path to the relative path from the image.php file to the images directory…..

So if you have a directory looking like this:

<pre>
public_html |
__textpattern |
__index.php |
__randomfiles | __misc | __image.php |
__images
</pre>

You would need to change it to look like this:
<pre><code>
$file = ‘../../images/’.$_GET[‘file’];
</code></pre>

(Notice, went from one, to two: ../../images v. ../images)

Ask if you need help.

P.S. If you are complicating your Textpattern install by renaming and changing paths and directory names….cut it out!

Last edited by Walker (2006-08-07 13:30:49)

#36 2006-08-07 13:39:19

Walker
Plugin Author
Website

Oh…..to further complicate things….I looked into the whole padding ish.

Padding now defaults to 0. Make sure that you have the stylesheet set to something like:

<pre><code>
.magazine-image img
{
margin: 0;
padding: 0;
}
</code></pre>

If you have a margin of 2 and a border of 1 around all your images (in stylesheet) set your padding value to 3.

<pre><code>
.magazine-image img
{
margin: 2;
border: 1px solid #000;
}
</code></pre>

<p><code>
<txp:wlk_mp padding=“3” />
</code></p>

This is some minor math that I just cannot do for you. The plugin uses the padding value to figure out what size to make all the images so they fit into a rectangle that is the width specified by you (or left to default to 400px).

Last edited by Walker (2006-08-07 13:40:19)

Board footer