Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2006-06-22 04:03:32

ramanan
Plugin Author
Website

Using TextMate Blogging Bundle with Textpattern

Has anyone managed to get the BloggingBundle to work with Textpattern? After making the change to XML-RPC source so that it sets the content type correctly, I can now fetch posts. I can’t save them however. When trying to save a new post, I get “problem_creating_article (201)” returned as a tool-tip error. When saving a fetched post, I get the same error that is shown in the earlier thread on this subject. Any ideas?

#2 2006-06-22 05:49:47

Mary
Sock Enthusiast

Re: Using TextMate Blogging Bundle with Textpattern

I managed to track down where the code for this blogging bundle is. Nothing really revealing. Can you post exactly what error messages you get?

#3 2006-06-22 11:47:33

ramanan
Plugin Author
Website

In the first case, the only error I get it problem_creating_article (201). There is no stack trace or anything like that. In the later case, I get an error at: /usr/lib/ruby/1.8/xmlrpc/client.rb:543:in `do_rpc': Wrong content-type (RuntimeError). (The problem starts at blogging.rb line 520.) There doesn’t seem to be an easy way to copy and paste the tool tip over. (At least I’m not sure how to.) I’ve looked through the bundle briefly as well, and it seems A-OK.

#4 2006-06-23 00:43:58

Mary
Sock Enthusiast

Okay, tracked “problem_creating_article (201)” to line 204 of /textpattern/inc/txplib_wrapper.php.

Looks like it’s saying you don’t have permission to post (either not a valid username/post or not high enough privileges). Check that your username and password are entered correctly?

#5 2006-06-23 01:44:01

ramanan
Plugin Author
Website

It looks to be logging in fine because I can fetch posts. It could be failing in the _setArticle function that does the actual work. One thing I noticed is that the blog id is being sent in a 0, when it should be the section name. That might be the problem. Textmate seems to be using the metaWeblog API. Thanks for looking into this. I’ll post here if I figure it out.

#6 2006-06-23 05:12:03

misterk
Website

If you’ll allow me to jump in, what did it take to get it to fetch posts right? I’ve overcome the initial content-type error as detailed here. But telling textmate to fetch posts just gets me an empty textmate window, not the cool select menu of recent posts.

Posting to the blog gives me an odd ruby error which I haven’t had time to look into, sub! not being able to modify a frozen string.

The setup should look like station11 http://usernamestation11.net/rpc/@, no? I’ve tried adding in index.php, and it doesn’t make the difference.

#7 2006-06-23 13:02:55

ramanan
Plugin Author
Website

I didn’t need to do anything beyond fixing the content type. I have noticed that sometimes I need to try and fetch posts a couple times before I get the select dialog to pop up. You can try a couple times in a row and see if that works. The URL you are using should be fine.

#8 2006-06-23 22:30:15

misterk
Website

Things are weird for me. I can’t get a list of posts, but it doesn’t give an error for me, just opens a new untitled window. And my apache logs says there was a post to the rpc endpoint returning 200. So maybe the blogging bundle doesn’t know which section to list the posts from or something? And it’s listing the posts in what it assumes is section 1, when there is no section 1. I get the same 201 error when trying to post an article.

#9 2006-06-23 22:48:37

misterk
Website

ok, here are the textpattern xmlrpc metaweblog getRecentPosts docs. The Blogging Bundle assumes a blog_id of 0 if none is provided. Textpattern expects a string with the section name. You might try setting the @blog_id variable of Brad’s blogging.rb file to whatever section you want to post to? I couldn’t get it to work, but I still can’t fatch any articles either.

#10 2006-06-24 12:51:50

ramanan
Plugin Author
Website

Yeah Mistrek, I tried that with little luck. I’m not sure why you can’t fetch articles. The only change I needed to make for that to work was changing that content-type line. It looks like fetch posts doesn’t work if you don’t have a text file open already however. Try creating a blank text file, and then running the command.

Last edited by ramanan (2006-06-24 13:46:04)

#11 2006-06-24 16:49:04

misterk
Website

Yeah, I have no idea either. In the blogging.rb script I’m getting to line 545 (result = self.client.getRecentPosts(self.blog_id, self.username, current_password, 20)) and then it goes kaput and opens a new untitled window for me no matter what.

That getRecentPosts call does an xmlrpc call("metaWeblog.getRecentPosts", "#{blog_id}", "#{username}", "#{password}", number), which when I try with irb, generally returns

<pre><code>
XMLRPC::FaultException: XMLRPC::FaultException from /usr/local/lib/ruby/1.8/xmlrpc/client.rb:414:in `call’ from (irb):12
</code></pre>

I think I’m going to assume some sort of wierdness in my textpattern install (svn, updated to most recent, not hacked to my memory… I might try reinstalling it and see what happens then.

#12 2006-06-24 18:53:48

Mary
Sock Enthusiast

Okay, I’ve downloaded the xml-rpc part of the Ruby standard library, and checked out the latest revision of the blogging bundle. Hopefully I’ll be able to find something helpful…

Board footer