Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#11 2020-07-29 02:30:15

Pat64
Plugin Author
Website

Re: A books editor's french website

My client is not subject to VAT (a special status in France for very tiny compagnies named “auto-entrepreneur”) and this problem doesn’t exist in this case. Sorry Julian, I don’t know how Stripe deal with VAT. But yes, Stripe has lower fee than PayPal.
Note: the PHP script mentioned is jQuery dependant (a not so good point IMHU) for Ajax process (why loading a such huge library for only one feature?)…

Last edited by Pat64 (2020-07-29 02:36:05)

Patrick.

Github | CodePen | Codier | Simplr theme | Wait Me: a maintenance theme | [\a mi.ni.ma]: a “Low Tech” simple Blog theme.

#12 2020-08-10 08:58:49

Pat64
Plugin Author
Website

It is live, now (but without the ability to buy printed books: we’re waiting the creation of the PayPal account; but eBooks are available for sellings):

https://editions-du-26-octobre.com/

Largely done by Oleg (for it’s recurcive process on articles) and Jakob (with it’s efficient Regex).

Sorry: in French. Customers are only french.

Last edited by Pat64 (2020-08-10 09:01:38)

Patrick.

Github | CodePen | Codier | Simplr theme | Wait Me: a maintenance theme | [\a mi.ni.ma]: a “Low Tech” simple Blog theme.

#13 2020-08-10 10:37:16

zero
Website

Lovely site!

On the Conditions de retours page the form field tool tips are in English. Have you detected my location?

Wondrous Healing Wondrous ways to a healthy old age
Safe Reiki Harmless natural healing.
Gud One Blog

#14 2020-08-10 12:11:00

michaelkpate
Website

Pat64 wrote #325274:

It is live, now (but without the ability to buy printed books: we’re waiting the creation of the PayPal account; but eBooks are available for sellings):

https://editions-du-26-octobre.com/

Largely done by Oleg (for it’s recurcive process on articles) and Jakob (with it’s efficient Regex).

Sorry: in French. Customers are only french.

Fortunately, as a Chrome user I have access to Google Translate which almost produces something coherent.

With “Le Collage”, a collection of short stories published in 1882, never reissued since, we are at the heart of naturalism, of which we find the primary themes: celibacy or living together, adultery, the prostitute, fatality, ‘failure…

These are as many sketches captured on the spot, snapshots, which in a few words and lines render manners, a space, an expression, a detail. The style is precise, almost icy. This is a scrutiny, that of an experimenter, sometimes ironic.

This is all the art of Paul Alexis , a pathetic of the banal – a dramaturgy of nothingness – which obviously meets Flaubert’s ambition to make “ a book that would have almost no subject, or at least where the subject would be almost invisible, if at all possible . “

#15 2020-08-10 12:58:01

Pat64
Plugin Author
Website

zero wrote #325276:

Lovely site!

On the Conditions de retours page the form field tool tips are in English. Have you detected my location?

Just besauce you use a good browser ;)

michaelkpate (in reply to #325279)

Perfect: one day we never need translators!

Patrick.

#16 2020-08-10 13:45:15

Bloke
Developer
Website

michaelkpate wrote #325279:

Fortunately, as a Chrome user I have access to Google Translate which almost produces something coherent.

And if only DeepL permitted translation of URLs, it might produce something even better, as I’ve found it to be more accurate and make better attempts at some of the deeper idioms when I’ve pasted in chunks of text.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#17 2020-08-10 14:19:43

michaelkpate
Website

Bloke wrote #325282:

And if only DeepL permitted translation of URLs, it might produce something even better, as I’ve found it to be more accurate and make better attempts at some of the deeper idioms when I’ve pasted in chunks of text.

I copied and pasted the same paragraphs. I am not sure how much it improves but it definitely flows better.

With “Le Collage”, a collection of short stories published in 1882, never republished since, we are at the heart of naturalism, whose primary themes: celibacy or married life, adultery, prostitutes, fatality, failure …

These are so many sketches captured on the spot, snapshots, which in a few words and strokes render morals, a space, an expression, a detail. The style is precise, almost icy. It is a scrutinization, that of an experimenter, sometimes ironic.

This is the art of Paul Alexis, a pathetic banality – a dramaturgy of nothingness – which obviously meets Flaubert’s ambition to make “a book that would have almost no subject, or at least where the subject would be almost invisible, if that’s possible.

#18 2020-08-10 15:01:33

bici
Website

Sir, you are a Txp Ninja master. A lovely site.

…. texted postive

#19 2020-08-11 08:29:33

jakob
Admin
Website

Pat64 wrote #325274:

It is live! https://editions-du-26-octobre.com/

A nice project that looks just great! (am I repeating myself ;-)

Largely done by …

You’re too modest!

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

#20 2020-08-11 13:54:15

etc
Developer
Website

jakob wrote #325288:

A nice project that looks just great! (am I repeating myself ;-)

You’re too modest!

+1

Board footer