Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2012-11-27 23:22:13

JimJoe
Website

convert NucleusCMS Everquest site to a graphical textpattern site ?

While my Crestar and Starship sites are nice looking textpattern sites, I want to convert my Everquest site from NucleusCMs to textpattern.

I am looking for suggestions on how to present the site other than a plain black letter, white background, textpattern site.

Thanks !

#2 2012-11-27 23:50:06

els

Re: convert NucleusCMS Everquest site to a graphical textpattern site ?

Hi Jim, if you haven’t done so already, I suggest you have a look at the themes on textgarden.org. Even if you don’t want to use a ready made theme, you could find some inspiration there.

#3 2012-11-28 20:58:16

JimJoe
Website

Thanks ! I’ll give it a look see.

#4 2012-11-28 21:30:47

JimJoe
Website

I downloaded about 5 or 6 front themes. Probably not able to convert until this weekend. I’ll post to the ‘Lets see yours, Then’ forum when I feel it is ready.

#5 2013-01-21 18:24:23

sochicomputerRU
Website

Question: why use a theme specifically made for textpattern? Why not go and find a template at templatemonster or some other site, or use photoshop to create a site design from scratch. Then, just modify pages one at a time – but don’t overwrite the old pages, just create new once. You could have a brand new site ready this way in about a week, maybe more if you want some really slick features.

I can provide you with this services by the way.

Last edited by sochicomputerRU (2013-01-21 18:25:07)

#6 2013-01-21 20:09:57

JimJoe
Website

Well, I’m someone with a programing degree, it just didn’t include php. Due to repairs on my car, new eyeglasses, etc. it would have to be free whatever you provide.

Edit:

I uploaded textpattern, but I haven’t done any configuration yet other than adding in the database. No themes…

I do have Campaign Cartographer, all of the Annuals, and all of the add-ons. If you have something different, but the best I could do for around the next 6 months would be to give a link to your site where you talk about your services.

Last edited by JimJoe (2013-01-21 20:17:28)

#7 2013-01-21 21:27:37

sochicomputerRU
Website

How about this? On each one of your sites at the bottom of the footer you will provide a link to my site which will open in new window. Small text, non intrusive colors, which says Web Design by blah blah….

And on my part I will adopt any design of your choice into your site. I will only do design, you make the content – like create articles, upload files and photos.

I need quality back links for SEO. SEO makes my world go round, the higher I rank in google the more people call me, and the more people call me the more money I make. It’s like that. Just a month ago my site ranked 57th in the google list for a specific keyword, now I took on a job for SE optimization of one guy’s site and put my link in his footer, jumped up to 14th place, now getting more calls.

With my offer you get something you need, and I get something I need.

#8 2013-01-21 21:29:02

sochicomputerRU
Website

Pick a template

http://www.templatemonster.com/

#9 2013-01-21 21:52:55

JimJoe
Website

I’m looking them over. A castle with a few knights out front would be good.

#10 2013-01-21 22:42:36

JimJoe
Website

Not much so far… #27256 looks interesting.

I prefer a menu at this link, but Ican be persuaded otherwise if what you come up with is something I can edit.
http://www.twinhelix.com/dhtml/fsmenu/

Dark blue/black text on white or light background. For my eyes. I’ve had retina surgery and light text on dark background is hard for me to see.

Left side: archives, most recent posts ( about 5 to 10 will do ), right side: the usual textpattern links.

Prefer a variable width for articles.

Or #21030 or 20618

The general layout of those 3 look good with the requests in the rest of this post.

Now, I’ll be gone for awhile as I try to figure out why over a thousand posts have disappared on one of my blogs.

Last edited by JimJoe (2013-01-21 22:52:09)

#11 2013-01-22 07:52:16

sochicomputerRU
Website

1. is an excellent looking theme. Thought it is for WodPress. I could of course take that wordpress template and turn it into anything. But there is an easier way, same exact looking theme from this same author.

http://www.templatemonster.com/demo/33136.html

It is swish animated, meaning top menu is flash (PICTURE if no flash plugin) and the rest of site is html. Excellent choice by the way.

Things you have to consider if you go with this template, top menu is static, meaning, it is designed once. This template costs $59. If you like it, go ahead and buy it.

If spending money on template is not in your plans, choose something else, I have most of Template-Monster templates from 1 to 30000, but not all. For example I didn’t have 27256, but had 27253. I think though, this template 33136 I linked you to is not expensive and worth the money.

If you want free templates check out http://all-free-download.com/free-website-templates/ ………… but quality of these templates is not as good as the premium templates from template monster.

Anyway, let me know what you wish, if you going to buy that one, go ahead and buy it, if not, find something else.

Do you have skype? My skype is SKULLCHEESE
Let’s continue further discussion over skype.

I’m going to design your site, and you going to provide a small, not intrusive link to my site in the footer – it is not for people clicking on it, it is for search engines visiting your sites.

#12 2013-01-22 15:47:55

JimJoe
Website

I don’t have a skype account. And a paid template isn’t something I can do for at least 6 months as I said.

They don’t have to be those exact templates I mentioned. The textpattern template you do for me can be similar in style to one of those. A nice picture above, I’ll want to add the fsmenu just below the picture, and the links and some other items on the left column, with just textpattern links on the right column. Footer for google adverts and your link.

Board footer