Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2009-05-06 00:11:03

RickH

[resolved] Admin "frozen"

I had a minor problem with a hacked site (like http://forum.textpattern.com/viewtopic.php?id=30077). The world-facing site was never touched, only the admin, which displayed a blank page. I replaced textpattern/index.php and can now log on. But the admin is stuck on the language preferences. Clicking on another tab changes the url, but doesn’t change the content. I’ve replaced all of the files, to no avail.

I suppose it’s possible that something changed on the server in the same time period that changed the way the .htaccess works. But the site itself works fine, so I sort of doubt it.

Does anyone have any idea how to fix this or at least troubleshoot?

#2 2009-05-06 05:08:40

colak
Admin
Website GitHub Mastodon Twitter

Re: [resolved] Admin "frozen"

I would replace not just the index but all files, backing up config.php first.

Yiannis
——————————
NeMe | hblack.art | EMAP | A Sea change | Toolkit of Care
I do my best editing after I click on the submit button.

#3 2009-05-06 18:05:01

RickH

I’ve already replaced everything, but I’ll do it again just in case I missed something.

Is it possible that a large amount of log data is just causing everything to stop? The db is rather large.

Also, is it possible for a change in the server config to kill the .htaccess for the admin, but not for the public-facing html?

#4 2009-05-06 19:06:05

els

As far as I know .htaccess doesn’t do anything on the admin side. You can empty the txp_log table in phpMyAdmin.
There are two other topics about the same problem, though neither of them seems to be solved…

#5 2009-05-06 20:51:01

RickH

I got rid of about half the logs using phpMyAdmin. Didn’t help.

I disabled all the plugins with phpMyAdmin. Didn’t help.

I put it in debug mode and got “Tag error: <txp:zem_event_list form=“home_events_list” limit=“3” /> -> Notice: Undefined variable: uLastMod on line 907”. But things still work on the live side. And everything worked last week.

I replaced or checked all the files again.

I’ve got no clue what’s happening. I suppose .htaccess is next. I’ll temporarily comment out everything (killing the site) and see if the admin works.

#6 2009-05-06 21:30:37

RickH

I got it working, but this is a weird one!

Using phpMyAdmin, I set txp_prefs.production_status to “debug” and noticed a few errors showing on the “public” side. But the admin started working! And it stayed working when I reset the status to “live”. I’ve logged out and back in and it’s still working.

There are a few errors I have to fix. The zem_event error mentioned above and a couple tag errors that resulted from an upgrade from 4.0.4 to 4.0.8. (I’m not the original developer.)

Since this seems to be a db problem, should I reload all the tables from my local dev site?

Board footer