Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#73 2009-03-26 17:42:35

maverick
Website

Re: Admin Side Theming! (r3149)

wet

I’ve installed both Mr. Dale’s version of “Phwiw’s Admin Face Lift Take 2” and Stuart’s “A Bit of Blue” along side your Remora to try out on one of my experimental installs. So far, it’s been easy to change back and forth.

Nice work! Thank you for what you do.

Last edited by maverick (2009-03-26 18:06:26)

#74 2009-03-27 02:30:11

phiw13
Plugin Author
Website

I’ve uploaded a first pre-alpha version of my phiw theme: download link. And screenshot. Experimental.

Feedback appreciated (prolly by mail or so, don’t clutter this thread) ;-). I’m curious how the header navigation feels. And I still need to figure out how to make that navigation more friendly to keyboard users.

Note – The above screenshot was taken with an hour-old Minefield nightly build. Some small details won’t show up in any other browser. Thing should otherwise work well in Safari3, Fx 3, Opera9.6, IE 8 – and maybe IE 7.

Where is that emoji for a solar powered submarine when you need it ?
Sand space – admin theme for Textpattern

#75 2009-03-27 02:37:52

phiw13
Plugin Author
Website

wet wrote:

No. This is not in the scope of the current theming procedure. But you might suggest elements which would benefit from additional classes and the like, and those could go into core.

All those tables with the same ID :-). Have a look at the crazy selectors in the theme linked in my previous post. For ex. the login panel … Nothing a good stylesheet author can’t handle – although dealing with IE 8 and older is an issue.
I’ve made some changes to my local copy of TXP, I’ll try to prepare a patch – or better, multiple patches, that will be more clear.

I know those ID’s probably can’t be changed for plugin compatibility reasons and the like. I’ll have a look at a way to handle this.

#76 2009-03-27 03:05:20

mrdale
Website

phiw13 wrote:

Nothing a good stylesheet author can’t handle – although dealing with IE 8 and older is an issue.

My point exactly, real world environments call for IE. wish they didn’t.

I’m actually considering setiing up a site to petition MS not to make any more browsers. Think of how many designers sigs we could gather.

#77 2009-03-27 06:17:48

phiw13
Plugin Author
Website

Here are two tables with the wrong ID: Content > Images —> edit image Content > File —> upload pane and edit file

they have an ID of #list, where as it obviously is an edit pane and not any kind of listing.
—> ID should be #edit ! (by current logic)

#78 2009-03-27 13:44:43

renobird
Website

mrdale wrote

I’m actually considering setting up a site to petition MS not to make any more browsers. Think of how many designers sigs we could gather.

Signature #1: Dale Chapman
Signature #2: Tom Reno

Dale, I’d be glad to donate some time to helping set that up.

:)

#79 2009-03-27 23:50:32

MattD
Plugin Author
Website

phiw13 wrote:

I’ve uploaded a first pre-alpha version of my phiw theme: download link. And screenshot. Experimental.

Feedback appreciated (prolly by mail or so, don’t clutter this thread) ;-). I’m curious how the header navigation feels. And I still need to figure out how to make that navigation more friendly to keyboard users.

Note – The above screenshot was taken with an hour-old Minefield nightly build. Some small details won’t show up in any other browser. Thing should otherwise work well in Safari3, Fx 3, Opera9.6, IE 8 – and maybe IE 7.

You probably know this but just to warn others who may try: this theme doesn’t work in IE 6.

It’s awesome in Firefox and Chrome.

Last edited by MattD (2009-03-27 23:51:03)

My Plugins

Piwik Dashboard, Google Analytics Dashboard, Minibar, Article Image Colorpicker, Admin Datepicker, Admin Google Map, Admin Colorpicker

#80 2009-03-28 00:21:18

phiw13
Plugin Author
Website

MattD wrote:

You probably know this but just to warn others who may try: this theme doesn’t work in IE 6.

Yes, I know that. I don’t support IE 6 with this theme (I’ve stated that in previous threads on my theme). If the download was a full release, I’d add that info in a readme file. The display of the menu can be made to work with a little hacking, similar as the treatment IE 7 gets. For the rest, too many adjacent siblings selectors.

#81 2009-04-02 01:28:58

maverick
Website

Following up on my last post . . .

Initial impression was positive. After some time with the new theming feature, I’m liking it even more ( ironic given that I’m pretty happy with classic).

I’ve made Jon Hick’s admin theme (needs some tweaking yet) and a modified version nemoorange’s “seagloss” work w/ theming. I see great potential to rework them w/out the tables.

Really nice addition to Txp, wet

Thanks again

Mike

#82 2009-04-02 17:50:11

Zanza
Plugin Author
Website

This is amazing. The theme switcher rocks.

Nonetheless, I have a minor (cough..) problem with SVN. The backend works just fine, but the front site doesn’t load the correct css. Actually, the CSS url that is generated omits the ‘textpattern’ folder. As this: http://www.mysite.com/css.php?n=default. Don’t know why. Yes I noticed that little lines of warning about ‘user_name’ table in upgrading, but didn’t take seriously… :)

I can live without theming until 4.0.9, BUT, if some gentle soul has any hint about what could be happening here (tried 2 different installs on different servers), so that I could start using SVN on minor sites to play with, well, I’ll be grateful. If not, no problem. No need to start another thread for that.

Did I mention that theming rocks?

#83 2009-04-02 17:58:42

wet
Developer Emeritus
Website Mastodon

This is expected behaviour, and related to change set 3163. Please verify the existence of css.php in your site’s root directory.

#84 2009-04-02 20:05:05

Zanza
Plugin Author
Website

Ahh. I missed this, thanks! Working, now. Really good work!

Board footer