Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#73 2006-10-29 10:22:03

jasonwlangley
Website

Re: Widescreen, a photoblog template

James, I just noticed you comments…

jmuspratt wrote:
Jason – great photos! (Is that the Norwegian island Å I see?)

Yeah, a couple of those photos are from a bicycle trip last summer… it really was amazing, probably one of my favoirte european countires for that type of travel.

jmuspratt wrote:
The weird wrapping of thumbnails your getting in the archive annoying. It looks like each row will only float left as far as the image in the row above it that has comments. Arg! Frankly I don’t understand why (Firebug says all the li’s are 108px square), but I suppose you could try tweaking the CSS by adding some more negative margin (left and top) to the comment bug. I’ll try to test this sort of thing more thoroughly in the next version.

I have tried messing with the negative margins here, and just can’t seem to get it quite right… I’ll keep at it, I’ll let you know what I come up with.

jmuspratt wrote:
As for archives by month, it’s probably do-able. I’ll look into that eventually, but can’t promise anything soon. I haven’t explored all those new textpattern if_different tags. (Or you could try messing with Rob Sable’s superarchive plugin?). Good luck!

Got it, see my previous post.

jmuspratt wrote: EDIT: Yup, you can do a weighted tag cloud. Just go to Presentation > Forms > tagslist and change <txp:tru_tags_list break="li" showcounts="1" /> to <txp:tru_tags_cloud showcounts="1" />; you may want to mess with the CSS to make it prettier though. There’s more about that plugin on the on the tru_tags instructions page.

Heh, thanks again for the help and the great template. Sorry I missed your post, might have saved myself some trouble on that one!

-Jason

#74 2006-11-02 17:09:07

jasonwlangley
Website

James,

One last (for now) update:

I finally got the comment bug straigtened out…

It seems the problem was not in the comment bug CSS at all (maybe it was), but at least the solution was not there. I kept thinking about the fact that the div’s for the thumbnails were all 112px (100px thmbnail, 4px padding on each side, and 2px border on each side, so 112px square).

The problem seemed to be (and you could see this in FireBug), that wherever there was a comment, the bottom of the div would be extended, preventing the successive div’s to float left any farther.

So, I just decided to make sure that each thumbnail div stayed 112px like it was supposed to be, by setting the width and height of each div. (The best solutions are often the simplest, and unfortunately, the last thought of…)

So, in closing, here is the final CSS that works for me with 100px thumbnails…

ol#thumbs li { float:left; margin: -2px -2px 2px 2px; width: 112px; height: 112px; }

and

ol#thumbs li p { margin:-2em .2em 0em 0em; text-align:right; display:block; }

I’m not sure if this is really a proper solution, or if it would even work in other instances, but perhaps this will help somewhat for future versions of widescreen, though of coarse it would have to be altered for different size thmbnails and different spacing between.

-Jason

Edit: This solution does NOT work in IE (what a surprise…) The comments are hidden behind the thumbnails, and the original problem is not solved. So, the saga continues. =(

Last edited by jasonwlangley (2006-11-02 17:11:58)

#75 2006-11-05 14:52:49

Kungfujen

Hi there, firstly, James, great template. I am really enjoying working with it. But I’ve got some kinks that need ironing out and I hope you can help.

Firstly, when someone adds a comment, the preview appears correctly but when you press ‘submit’ I get this error right at the top of the page:

Notice: form_not_found: footer in txplib_misc.php on line 1332

This message changes to:

Notice: error_article_context in txplib_misc.php on line 1821

When I use a Linux machine and Firefox.

This leads me to my second query, as I can see by the notice string that the error relates to the footer for the template. I cut and pasted the code for the ‘footer’ information into the correct form location (creating a new one called ‘footer’) but got a ‘precondition failed’ error message when I tried to save it. Any clues?

And lastly, when mousing over the most recent photo on the front page, the alt tags seem to be displaying for the previous image, rather than for whatever photo is the current one. Is this right?

Many thanks, Jen.

(my blog is located at http://www.jenfeatch.com/blog)

Last edited by Kungfujen (2006-11-11 19:20:30)

#76 2006-11-07 15:19:34

jmuspratt
Website

Jason —
Looks like you’re on the right track though. Thanks for posting that CSS.

Kungfujen —
Your site looks good. Not quite sure what’s wrong with comments and footer. Did you double-check that they’re named exactly right and set to the right types: article vs. misc?

And you’re right — those alt attributes are wrong — I can’t believe I’ve never noticed this! Thanks!

Last edited by jmuspratt (2006-11-07 15:26:46)

#77 2006-11-07 18:12:52

Kungfujen

Thanks James. This is the precondition text that shows when I try to add the footer form (as a ‘misc’ type):

“Precondition Failed

The precondition on the request for the URL /blog/textpattern/index.php evaluated to false.”

I might have a poke around some other more general textpatter forums and see if I get anywhere with that one, unless anyone here has any ideas?

No probs re: the alt attributes! :)

Last edited by Kungfujen (2006-11-07 18:16:44)

#78 2006-12-13 17:00:14

shanghai

Any way to get a drop down box with the tags, as I have so many tags that it is hard to navigate through them : -)

#79 2006-12-14 18:55:07

jmuspratt
Website

Sorry shanghai, it looks like the tru_tags plugin doesn’t make that possible. Maybe contact the developer?

#80 2006-12-20 19:27:06

boudewijn

Hi James,

At my website (www.geerink.com) the horizontal scrollbar appears (1280 × 800). How can I remove that bar?

Thanks in advance,
Boudewijn

#81 2006-12-21 03:22:33

jmuspratt
Website

boudewijn, I think the horizontal bar thing is a result of the frame you’re using. The vertical scrollbar is caused by a large bottom padding setting, which is there there so the comment box can always be revealed by scrolling.

#82 2006-12-21 04:25:29

jmuspratt
Website

To all Spanish-speaking photobloggers,

Antonio Vázquez has generously translated the template files into Spanish. Please download version 1.0 – ESP if you’re interested!

Last edited by jmuspratt (2006-12-21 15:06:54)

#83 2007-01-04 11:48:18

Charlotte

Hello!
First I have to say the template is gorgeous! We’ve just installed it, but still have some problems.
It’s here: http://head-foto.wz.cz/
First, there are always displaying errors on the top and I do not know how to fix it, and second, when you click on the photo, it should leave you to the previous one – but it doesn’t, it says the page doesn’t exist.
Anyone know how to fix it?
Thank you very much!

#84 2007-01-05 14:45:34

jmuspratt
Website

Hi Charlotte,

I’m afraid I’m stumped. Have you installed Textpattern successfully before? Did you double-check that clean URLs are turned on and you’ve activated the tru_tags plugin (so it says “yes” next to it in the plugins list)?

Board footer