Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#37 2005-10-28 20:15:08

maniqui
Website

Re: suggestion: new "Built-in TXP tags" forum category

Finally, I <del><a href=“http://forum.textpattern.com/viewtopic.php?pid=83308#p83308”>posted the first thread-per-tag</a></del><ins>deleted my first post</ins> in the new “Tag Examples” forum.

<ins>I have deleted it because I went wrong with my post (see below), and also to test the flavor of the Delete button</ins>

As time passes, I hope to see a thread for each tag :D.
Dont be frightened by this first one, because it is about txp:article_custom, and may be one of tags with most information out there.
I have started with txp:article_custom because I think it was easy for defining some kind ot “template”.
Other tags will not require so much information. Just an introduction, links to documentation, and then let the community do the effort.

I would like to here some feedback, especially from Destry and rsilletti.
Do you think it is “overloaded”?
Should the information under the “Tag info” heading be less?
Do you think the “template” can be improved?

Also, please, english isnt my native language, so feel free to correct anything that doesnt make sense.

It think the “template” it is easy to update.
BTW: I have used two floats, one to the right and one to the left, cleared both by a “hr”. Will this lead to any problem in the forum layout?

Last edited by maniqui (2005-10-29 05:30:56)

La música ideas portará y siempre continuará

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

#38 2005-10-29 03:42:05

Mary
Sock Enthusiast

maniqui:

There’s nothing wrong with having structured threads, go for it! but as you mentioned, sometimes there is overlap. If we make hard and fast rules we’ll just keep scaring away people. Already with the freedom extended we’re seeing some excellent first posts, which makes me confident when I say off-topic crap won’t likely be a problem. If that time comes – let me or someone know, and we can deal with it then.

> Is this a golden rule?

I’d say general avoidance. We already have lots of examples and documentation for plugins (that’s up to each plugin author), and often people are using plugins when they already have powerful built-in plugins that can do the same, or sometimes better. See what I mean? Just use your best judgement, that statement is there to be a guide rather than a “thou shalt not”. :)

#39 2005-10-29 04:29:38

maniqui
Website

Mary, your feedback and the feedback that rsilletti has sent to me have opened my eyes: I went totally wrong with my first post.

First, as I asked to rsilletti: can I delete it?
I know I can.
But of course, I dont want to abuse of my prerogatives as moderator.

I will feel much better if I delete that first post. You and rsilleti are right, it is structured. I didnt know what I was trying to achieve.
I was thinking: “it’s my first post as moderator, it should look nice and should shine in the dark.”
Ah, I feel shame and guilty, as if I have made a mistake in my first day in my new job.

La música ideas portará y siempre continuará

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

#40 2005-10-29 04:33:41

Mary
Sock Enthusiast

Sure you can. Don’t feel bad at all.

#41 2005-10-29 04:52:49

maniqui
Website

Now, I feel much better.