Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#49 2006-02-08 15:13:18

eco444

Re: [plugin] [ORPHAN] rss_unlimited_categories - Unltd. Article Categories

What should I replace with the rss_unlimited_categories_article_list tag?

My tag cloud looks nice, so the plugin’s definitely installed. The problem is that I’m new enough to TXT that I can’t figure out what exactly I’m supposed to do. I’ve been trying replacing the article tag, but that causes SQL to throw some errors up and links me to blank pages when I click on a tag. Fill me in!

tag_error <txp:rss_unlimited_categories_article_list/> -> Textpattern Error: You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ‘AND ( (section = ‘’) )’ at line 1
SELECT DISTINCT t.ID FROM tp_textpattern as t LEFT JOIN tp_textpattern_category as tc ON t.ID = tc.article_id LEFT JOIN tp_txp_category as cat ON cat.id = tc.category_id WHERE AND ( (section = ‘’) ) on line 61

tag_error <txp:older> -> Notice: Undefined variable: numPages on line 664

tag_error <txp:newer> -> Notice: Undefined variable: numPages on line 622

Last edited by eco444 (2006-02-08 15:29:14)

#50 2006-02-08 15:25:56

alexandra

eco you are supposed to put this tag: <txp: rss_unlimited_categories_article_list />@ somewhere in your page template. Replacing the article tag is wrong.

#51 2006-02-08 15:36:59

eco444

> alexandra wrote:
> eco you are supposed to put this tag: <txp: rss_unlimited_categories_article_list />@ somewhere in your page template. Replacing the article tag is wrong.

Done that. Now the SQL errors are gone, but things behave exactly as they did before adding that line. When I click a tag in my tag-cloud that I know has one particular article associated with it on the new system, I get a display of all the articles I have, total.

Last edited by eco444 (2006-02-08 15:47:20)

#52 2006-02-08 15:44:08

alexandra

I am confused as <txp: rss_unlimited_categories_article_list /> lists articles by category .. it has nothing to do with your TagCloud. Is your site live?

Last edited by alexandra (2006-02-08 15:44:23)

#53 2006-02-08 15:51:43

eco444

rss_unlimited_categories_filedunder, rss_unlimited_categories_cloud, and rss_unlimited_categories_list are all working as I would expect them to.

Rather than refer to the tag cloud, I should say that when opening a page driven by the “archive” template I have setup (that was working perfectly as expected before to display individual posts and lists of post in 1 category at a time), all posts are displayed. I am using the code <txp: rss_unlimited_categories_article_list /> on that page template and it is not being parsed or executed.

In fact, I can see the text <txp: rss_unlimited_categories_article_list /> in the XHTML.

EDIT: So I fixed that to <txp:rss_unlimited_categories_article_list /> (note the space), and it is parsed and throws up an SQL error.

tag_error <txp:rss_unlimited_categories_article_list/> -> Textpattern Error: You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ‘AND ( (section = ‘’) )’ at line 1
SELECT DISTINCT t.ID FROM tp_textpattern as t LEFT JOIN tp_textpattern_category as tc ON t.ID = tc.article_id LEFT JOIN tp_txp_category as cat ON cat.id = tc.category_id WHERE AND ( (section = ‘’) ) on line 61

Last edited by eco444 (2006-02-08 15:56:20)

#54 2006-02-09 17:57:48

papalozarou

I’m running txp 4.0.3, and have installed and enabled the plugin, but it’s refusing to create the textpattern_categories thing in the database. On my local staging server, I installed the plugin and it created textpattern_categories no problem. I only ever use safari, so it doesn’t seem to be a browser problem.

Any ideas?

Is it possible to create this with an sql command (mysql is limited to not knowing a thing)

Last edited by papalozarou (2006-02-09 18:45:52)

#55 2006-02-11 13:40:19

papalozarou

Okay, so I tried entering the SQL command at the top of the plugin into the rss_admin_database run sql field, and it returned an error. I also tried importing the table from my local server into my hosted server and got an error again.

I am thinking that this might be to do with the fact i am running mysql 4.1.10, and my host runs 3.23.58. My question is how do I change the SQL command to make it work.

This is the current command:

<code>CREATE TABLE `”.PFX.“textpattern_category` (`article_id` int(11) NOT NULL default ‘0’, `category_id` int(6) NOT NULL default ‘0’, PRIMARY KEY (`article_id`,`category_id`)) TYPE=MyISAM;</code>

*** edit ***

Finally got it working at last, the tag cloud that is – just took out “.PFX.” and it worked.

When I click on something in the tag cloud I get the 404 error page though, as others do.

Last edited by papalozarou (2006-02-11 16:39:46)

#56 2006-02-11 21:10:54

lee

Textpattern 4.03
URL scheme is section/title
Pluging activated
<code><txp:rss_unlimited_categories_cloud /></code> on the default page
<code><txp:rss_unlimited_categories_article_list /></code> on the default page
Articles have been assigned mutiple categories in the new drop down menu

Clicking a cloud link gives a 404 with a url of www.site.com/article/golf (or whatever)

Reading through the posts I’m wondering if this plugin is working or I just don’t know how to use it.

#57 2006-02-11 21:18:49

alexandra

> lee wrote:

> Clicking a cloud link gives a 404 with a url of www.site.com/article/golf (or whatever). Reading through the posts I’m wondering if this plugin is working or I just don’t know how to use it.

it is not you. we all get a 404.. sigh…

#58 2006-02-12 05:17:18

rmedek
Website

I’m having more of the same SQL errors that eco444 is having… I tried to debug a bit by trying several tags, but each seems to have a small error, so I’m sticking with <code><txp:rss_unlimited_categories_article_list /></code> for now.

This is the error I get with debugging as my status (in Live the article form simply doesn’t work):

tag_error <txp:rss_unlimited_categories_article_list section=“directory” /> -> Textpattern Error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ‘AND ( (section = ‘directory’) ) ( cat.name = ‘Jazz’ )’ at line 1

SELECT DISTINCT t.ID FROM textpattern as t LEFT JOIN textpattern_category as tc ON t.ID = tc.article_id LEFT JOIN txp_category as cat ON cat.id = tc.category_id WHERE AND ( (section = ‘directory’) ) ( cat.name = ‘Jazz’ ) on line 61

I’m no PHP or MySql wiz so I have no idea where things are going wrong. The table itself gets created with the proper article/category assignments, so I’m pretty sure that end of things is ok.

Also, I’m not sure I understand earlier what alexandra was saying about <code><txp:rss_unlimited_categories_article_list /></code> not being used as a replacement for an article tag… I thought this tag needs to replace the tag as it references a completely different table?

—Richard

All the Dude ever wanted was his rug back.

#59 2006-02-12 05:36:38

rmedek
Website

Just a quick note, in case this helps… I was able to get the article page working by changing line 214-ish from
<code>
$q = “SELECT DISTINCT t.ID FROM “.PFX.“textpattern as t LEFT JOIN “.PFX.“textpattern_category as tc ON t.ID = tc.article_id LEFT JOIN “.PFX.“txp_category as cat ON cat.id = tc.category_id WHERE”.$sections.” “.$categories;
</code>
to:
<code> $q = “SELECT DISTINCT t.ID FROM “.PFX.“textpattern as t LEFT JOIN “.PFX.“textpattern_category as tc ON t.ID = tc.article_id LEFT JOIN “.PFX.“txp_category as cat ON cat.id = tc.category_id WHERE”.$categories.” “.$sections;
</code>

which got the first SQL error out of the way but then introduced a new one involving $pgoffset (taken from the offset attribute). Since I didn’t need an offset in this case, I just erased it from this line (237-ish):
<code>
$rs = safe_rows_start(“*, unix_timestamp(Posted) as uPosted”, “textpattern”, “1=1 AND “ . $articles . “ “ .$pgoffset);
</code>
Which got things working for the first time. Not a permanent fix, I know, but maybe it’ll help debugging…

—Richard

All the Dude ever wanted was his rug back.

#60 2006-02-13 17:47:13

sthmtc
Website

any news on the 404 error we’re getting?

Board footer