Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2006-01-17 22:11:58

scross

Program "Command Line"

I am not sure if this feature has already been implemented or someone has suggested it. If so, I am sorry, although I did go through all the titles of the feature requests topics.

Anyway, I think that there should be a script, which accepts commands through GET or POST and returns data. So you could create a flash app or a program which has its own interface, but can create articles, edit articles, delete articles, change settings, etc within Textpattern using specific commands. Each time the application could send a username and password, or it could provide the username and password first time, and then Textpattern would provide a session id which would have to be renewed (a different session id requested) after a certain time.

This would encourage people to develop computer program solutions with flashy interfaces for TXP. Features unavailable on the web could also be implemented by this program (like real time Textile syntax highlighting or saving copies on the clients computer).

Generally, this would really attract interest into Textpattern from different developers and widen the prospects for it. As long the script couldn’t be comprimised, then it would be a good idea, don’t you think?

#2 2006-01-17 22:19:14

KurtRaschke
Plugin Author

Re: Program "Command Line"

http://textpattern.com/weblog/171/ask-a-dev-when-will-xml-rpc-show-up

-Kurt

kurt@kurtraschke.com

#3 2006-01-18 22:27:48

scross

Re: Program "Command Line"

Thanks

Board footer