1. Index
  2. » Archives
  3. » Plug-in: zem_contact_reborn

#85 2006-01-18 00:41:55

NeilA
Website

Re: Plug-in: zem_contact_reborn

> thebombsite wrote:
> I did have a method in mind for this actually mrdale, though I need to do a bit of checking up first, not being a coder. It would be a default method though. Basically you would set an attribute “copysender=yes” in the tag, and if it is set, the “from” address is added to the “to” address and the email sent to both addresses. I haven’t even thought about using a checkbox. That would be way over my head methinks though we do have others working on the code.

Stu,
What you describe above using an attribute would be excellent for my needs!

Cheers

Neil – Blue Mountains, Australia

http://westserve.org
http://ministrygrounds.net.au

#86 2006-01-18 01:02:19

thebombsite
Archived Plugin Author
Website

@jdykast – Well spotted. Thanks for that. Added in.

@Neil – Well all I need to do now then is work out how to code it. :grin:

Stuart

In a Time of Universal Deceit
Telling the Truth is Revolutionary.

#87 2006-01-18 01:33:11

Jeremie
Website

Well, you also need a new hosting server, one which doesn’t dislike french :p

#88 2006-01-18 01:41:10

thebombsite
Archived Plugin Author
Website

Ha haaaa. I don’t think it’s the host Jeremie. You can get to my Guestblock and Bomb Blasts so it must be TXP. Has Dean said anything? He lives in France you know. ;)

Actually I had another chap from France emailing me for the plug-in because he kept getting a 403. Which reminds me. Would you like me to send you the latest revision? In fact did you get the previous one I sent twice?

Stuart

#89 2006-01-18 03:35:34

jstubbs
Website

Stuart: Thanks for the form help I knew I had to be missing something obvious ;-) It works fine now.
I will look over this thread again to see what other issues I had with zem_contact and reborn, but I think so far you have seen all the issues.

Tranquillo:
You asked me to check Norwegian characters using the send_article part of reborn. I did so and get something like this:

<code><p>Kommende lørdag er det Oscar-kveld på oss. </p> <p>Elevene har de siste ukene jobbet med filmer. Vi har fire kategorier &#8211; drama, triller, dokumentar og musikkvideo. Det vil bli delt ut Oscar-statuetter i forskjellige kategorier og til beste skuespillere.</p> <p>Det blir helaften med dress og kjole &#8211; og noen av filmene kommer på nettet kommende uke.</p></code>

Couple of things – first, the Norwegian characters appear fine. My issue with characters though was with the contact form itself. For example, using a drop-down list. If the select item contains a character the form does not work.

Second, with the above example, you can see that a hyphen ( – ) is appearing as an HTML entity.

Third, is it necessary for the article to be sent with p tags? Shouldn’t the tags be stripped?

Thanks,
Jonathan

#90 2006-01-18 09:04:35

Jeremie
Website

I did received the previous one, you didn’t received my thanks ? There’s a little Murphy with a MX somewhere too, I guess :) And yes I would like the new one too :)

#91 2006-01-18 21:54:46

thebombsite
Archived Plugin Author
Website

@Jeremie – Sent.

Stuart

#92 2006-01-19 22:38:14

deronsizemore

I’ve got two questions on the “reborn” contact form.

1. After the form is processed is there any way to take you either to a page with just the “thank you” message or a way to simply display the “thank you” message above the form where your error messages are? I’m just being nit picky here, but you can see in these two previews: <a href=“http://www.deronsizemore.com/images/preview1.gif”>Preview 1</a> and <a href=“http://www.deronsizemore.com/images/preview2.gif”>Preview 2</a>. After the form is submitted it takes you to the “thank you” page (preview 2) which still has the “Note: all fields are required..” message at the bottom as well as my message in the right hand side of the page. These two things are not major issues, I was just curious if there is a work around?

2. The second thing is, am I missing it, or are there no class added to input when required=“no”, as there is when required=“yes”? I’ve got one more input field I’d like to add but it wont be required, and when it’s added the input field is smaller then the others because I’ve changed the width in the CSS for the required=“yes” ones using the zemRequired class.

#93 2006-01-19 23:06:40

thebombsite
Archived Plugin Author
Website

For your first problem can you show me the code for your form please.

The second problem. No, the additional classes are only added for “required=yes”. This is to enable people to maybe use bold text for the labels and maybe use a different border or background colour for the input boxes, however this is an extra class and all labels and inputs have a class or id of their own already. If what you want is to set the length of the input box why don’t you use the attribute “size=40” in each of the input tags? Wouldn’t matter if they were required or not then.

Stuart

#94 2006-01-19 23:51:53

deronsizemore

Sorry about that. I normally try to supply the code, but forgot. This is the code from my form and I’m using the reborn plugin.

<txp:zem_contact to="deronsideronsizemore.com”>@<br /> <p><txp:zem_contact_text required="yes" label="Name:" /></p><br /> <p><txp:zem_contact_email required="yes" label="E-Mail:" /></p><br /> <p><txp:zem_contact_text required="yes" label="Subject:" /></p><br /> <p><txp:zem_contact_textarea required="yes" label="Message:" /></p><br /> <p><txp:zem_contact_submit label="Send" /></p><br /> </txp:zem_contact> <br />

As for the second problem I could definitely do that. I didn’t realize you could use the “size” attribuite though. I’ve been trying to add a class to the txp input tag this whole time and banging my head on the wall cause nothing happens when I try to apply styles to that class. I’ll try the size attribute. I’m sure that will work.

Last edited by deronsizemore (2006-01-19 23:53:21)

#95 2006-01-20 00:11:07

thebombsite
Archived Plugin Author
Website

The “size” attribute is all I bother with on both thebombsite and my test site. Saves messing around with CSS.

I think the problem with your “Note” is that it is outside the tags. Try placing it just above that closing <code></txp:zem_contact></code> tag. That way it should dissappear along with the form when your “Thank you” message is displayed.

Stuart

#96 2006-01-20 01:09:54

deronsizemore

Ah, thanks! Again something so simple I should be slapped! That did it.

1. Index
  2. » Archives
  3. » Plug-in: zem_contact_reborn

Board footer