Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#25 2006-01-06 23:24:14

hakjoon
Website

Re: hak_tinymce WYSIWYG article editor

I’ll have to see if there is something I can check to see if I’m editing an article or creating a new one. I don’t know off hand if there is something in there (although I would think so).

I’ll look into it.

And thanks. It was a fun one to do. I’m hoping my work schedule clears up so I can work on a better image widget and FCKEditor. I might try to incorporate upm_img_popper since I’m taking over that with Mary’s recent departure.

Shoving is the answer – pusher robot

#26 2006-01-06 23:26:26

tinyfly
Website

An integrated image upload and insert ability would make this plugin perfect.

#27 2006-01-07 00:32:03

hakjoon
Website

ok I can definitely differentiate between a new article and an edited one. If they are editing one and it has textile turned on do you want the editor togglelink to not be available even if they change the use textile preferences to “Leave text untouched”?

I wonder if I could run the text through textile when you toggle the editor. That way the editor would always get html. Although that would drop html back in the textarea if you turn the editor off since there is no way to go html -> textile that I know of.

#28 2006-01-09 03:24:09

tinyfly
Website

All that I would really like is that if the article has already been written using textile tags then the toggle editor link not be there. Maybe this can be a user setable option in the extension preferences, I don’t know.

#29 2006-01-11 18:09:26

mrdale
Website

Thanks Hakjoon,

This plugin works much better for me than the previous incarnation before you had your hands on it.
Is it possible to reconfigure this to be used in the excerpt field as well?

Last edited by mrdale (2006-01-11 18:10:59)

#30 2006-01-11 19:21:49

hakjoon
Website

Yes that could be done. In 4.0.2 there wasn’t an option for “Leave text Untouched” which is the only time I allow the editor to be on. I see that’s been added in 4.0.3 so it shouldn’t be a problem.

Would you want one toggle editor link to turn both of them on, or individual toggles? Give me some thoughts on how you all think this would work best.

#31 2006-01-11 22:29:32

mrdale
Website

Thinking radical here, but bear with me. How about a drop-down “wysiwyg editor” select menu with the following options:

1. on for body
  2. on for excerpt
  3. on for both
  4. off

That way it allows all the options without using up too much acreage.

What do you think?

Last edited by mrdale (2006-01-11 22:31:46)

#32 2006-01-12 03:18:04

hakjoon
Website

That seems like a good setup to me.

#33 2006-01-12 03:54:20

RenJonsin
Website

Just as a comparison, Joomla has it setup where it is either off for a user or on, but there is an editor in both the article field and the excerpt field. That looked kinda busy but it seems to work well.

The main thing that I notice when using TinyMCE is that it takes awhile to load up in the form. If you have to do two it seems like a lot of waiting but maybe not as much as pulling up the html code then cutting and pasting. If it could be setup to automatically load in the desired manner when the page opens, that would be very helpful. If it could be set for each user instead of site wide, that would be ideal.

Ren

#34 2006-01-12 09:09:29

lee

Just installed this in 4.03 and the Bold, Italic, Underline, Strikeout don’t work. Anyone have the same problem?

#35 2006-01-12 13:12:36

hakjoon
Website

lee wrote:
Just installed this in 4.03 and the Bold, Italic, Underline, Strikeout don’t work. Anyone have the same problem?

Do any of the other buttons work? Are you getting any errors? Are any other plugins running in the write tab? Also make sure you are accessing the site through the exact same url that is in your Admin -> Preferences -> Site URL. If that has a www make sure you are using the www. Browsers won’t grab javascript from what they perceive as other domains for security reasons. I’m working of fixing this.

#36 2006-01-12 13:18:56

hakjoon
Website

> RenJonsin wrote:
If it could be setup to automatically load in the desired manner when the page opens, that would be very helpful. If it could be set for each user instead of site wide, that would be ideal.

You can currently set the editor to come up by default by changing the global Textile settings to leave text untouched. Could probably cerate an admin panel that would allow you to be more specific with what you want to actually happen. I’m also thinking a good option would be to offer the GZiped .JS as an option for speed, if your server supports it, It’s in the current distribution the plugin code would just need to be changed to use it if you are really having issues with speed.

Unfortunately textpattern doesn’t seem to really have a setup for userl level options yet, I could see about making my preferences pane user aware but I’m not sure how involved that is.

Last edited by hakjoon (2006-01-12 14:52:48)

Board footer