Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2006-01-09 05:03:49

thame
Website

Textpattern Template Competition

I am happy to announce that the Textpattern Template Competition is now open. I have some great prizes from some amazing sponsors including a brand new 30GB iPod and various other prizes.

The competition will end on February 28th, so go ahead and submit your original template today, there are great hosting packages for the first three submissions!

Last edited by thame (2006-01-09 12:42:07)

#2 2006-01-09 14:26:42

mistersugar
Website

Re: Textpattern Template Competition

Wonderful. Thanks for leading this.

#3 2006-01-09 14:48:48

wilshire
Plugin Author
Website

Maybe I missed on the site but what’s considered a complete template for the competition in terms of pages and forms?

#4 2006-01-09 14:53:16

andreas
Website

what’s considered a complete template for the competition in terms of pages and forms?

Examples

#5 2006-01-09 15:43:30

alexandra

Tom,
who are the judges?

#6 2006-01-09 17:26:02

Destry
Website

Deja vu, but maybe the lure of prizes (missing in the past) will be the difference this time. The site hopes for “hundreds of submissions”, but I have to wonder if you’re even going to get ten quality originals by the end of February; that’s certainly too soon for my schedule (all things considering). Is there a submission status somewhere, count of submissions received? Probably should have one.

#7 2006-01-09 20:30:12

Jeremie
Website

I could probably release on by the end of february, maybe two. After that, if it’s quality or not, is yet to be seen :)

#8 2006-01-09 22:40:11

wilshire
Plugin Author
Website

> andreas wrote:
> bq. what’s considered a complete template for the competition in terms of pages and forms?
Examples

Yeah, I saw that. I was looking for a little more detail. For example, do I just need a default page with a default article form? Should the styling be based on the standard TXP default page HTML? Should I have a contact form? A search form? Or is the definition of what a template is entirely up to the person creating the template?

#9 2006-01-09 22:57:46

alexandra

Good catch, wilshire.

On the Example page Tom asks for a lot of informations. It reads as if i have to write a short tutorial .. how to installl a plugin and so on… is this really necessary?

#10 2006-01-10 03:04:27

thame
Website

I would like to first say that I’ve been very busy lately and will therefore be fleshing out (sounds morbid) the details as soon as possible.

alexandra wrote:
Tom,
who are the judges?

I will announce the judges once I have received replies from everyone. Rest assured that they will be well-known designers and/or respected members of the Textpattern community.

Wilshire wrote
Yeah, I saw that. I was looking for a little more detail. For example, do I just need a default page with a default article form? Should the styling be based on the standard TXP default page HTML? Should I have a contact form? A search form? Or is the definition of what a template is entirely up to the person creating the template?

You have complete freedom with what you want to do. You can have a simple stylesheet change or a complete modification of pages, forms, sections, and added plugins as long as everything is properly documented…which brings me to this next point:

alexandra wrote:
On the Example page Tom asks for a lot of informations. It reads as if i have to write a short tutorial .. how to installl a plugin and so on… is this really necessary?

I’m afraid so. It is very important that a new user be able to install all the templates. You don’t have to create a click-by-click walkthrough, but you should at least approach your instructions with fresh eyes and see if you could install it as a new user.

Jeremie wrote:
I could probably release on by the end of february, maybe two. After that, if it’s quality or not, is yet to be seen :)

Go for it, I’m really looking forward to the results!

Destry wrote:
Is there a submission status somewhere, count of submissions received? Probably should have one.

Will do.

Thanks for the interest and please email me or continue posting if you have any more questions.

#11 2006-01-10 08:32:23

The Human Museum
Website

Great idea, and thanks to Thame and anyone else who set this up. I’m looking forward to seeing some of the entries.

“I was born to hustle roses down the avenues of the dead.” – Charles Bukowski
The Human Museum

#12 2006-01-10 14:32:08

wilshire
Plugin Author
Website

You have complete freedom with what you want to do. You can have a simple stylesheet change or a complete modification of pages, forms, sections, and added plugins as long as everything is properly documented…which brings me to this next point

Sounds good thame. Should be interesting to see the results. Thanks for putting this together.

Board footer