1. Index
  2. » Archives
  3. » Plug-in: zem_contact_reborn

#37 2006-01-06 17:23:34

jstubbs
Website

Re: Plug-in: zem_contact_reborn

I am not having much luck with this plugin. Another question:

-If a form is submitted with one or two required fields missing, then any drop down select boxes that were chosen are reverted back to the default state.

For example, if I have sales, support and products as drop down selection choices, and sales is the default, if a user selects products and then submits the form with a field missing, then the select field reverts back to sales.

How to change this?

#38 2006-01-06 19:27:47

tranquillo
Archived Plugin Author
Website

fuls wrote: Can someone tell me how to remove border around form along with the Contact “title”?

Add in your stylesheet also “legend {display:none;}” to remove the title or put in <code><zem_contact label=”“/></code>

#39 2006-01-06 19:39:30

thebombsite
Archived Plugin Author
Website

aslsw66 – whilst I understand how the new multi-email function works and relates to the zem_contact function I do not have the ability to modify the code myself and now that Mary has left us… :(

If you want to do the coding based on this version of the plug-in I will be quite happy to include it and work out the “Help” files.

Stuart

In a Time of Universal Deceit
Telling the Truth is Revolutionary.

#40 2006-01-06 20:15:19

tinyfly
Website

Yes, please aslsw66.

#41 2006-01-07 09:03:25

jstubbs
Website

This plugin still has problems with the zem_contact_email tag. It is required by default and even if using a required=“no” the form comes up with the usual error “Required field, “Email”, is missing.”

To get rid of this, I use zem_contact_text instead. Not great because we miss the email validation.

I would like to see something happening with the internationalisation of the plugin (foriegn characters), and also it would be good to have drop down select fields remember what was submitted if a form returns with an error. Currently, the drop downs go back to the default but the text fields are re-populated with whatever was put in.

This should change because its easy for a user to forget to re-select the drop down they wanted, as the error message will only say which fields were incorrectly entered.

Is it possible that a coder out there can tackle these issues? I for one am willing to pay something for the work.

#42 2006-01-07 09:28:54

andreas
Website

Given how many people seem to need and use this plugin, here’s a thought:

shouldn’t we

1. ask zem what his plans are for the plugin
  2. once that’s cleared up, if he would release it into the wild
  3. find out, if one of the PHP savvy people here is willing to make it bug-free
  4. set up a fund-raising move for the person to do this work

I, for one, would gladly donate some money in order to have a working copy and I’m sure others would, too. The success of the Christmas present move makes it likely, IMHO, that there would be enough donators to make working on the plugin attractive.

I have to say, that I don’t have the time at the moment to administer this move. I just thought I’d throw in the idea to see how it is received.

What do you think? Are there any code slingers to volunteer? Or is perhaps even one of the developers willing to integrate the plugin into the main code, perhaps as a “module”?

#43 2006-01-07 10:58:27

jstubbs
Website

This plugin is a pain in the butt! Changing from required=“yes” to something else, then switching it back to “yes” results in changed behaviour (in drop down boxes). I tried required=yes and required=‘yes’ still the same.

I think its a great idea to have something as a module or just a better plugin.

I am wondering if I should just insert a manual form within txp:php tags…….

#44 2006-01-07 13:59:56

squaredeye
Website

I agree with Andreas on this one.
Stu is the man, but Stu is not a coding man, per his own admission.
There were rumors about this getting included in the core though, and thus perhaps it would be pertinent to ask Alex (Zem) his advice specifically what he would suggest doing about some of the needed/desired changes to zem_contact and if they we should pursue Andreas ideas or wait for core integration?

Good things take time. Argh! :)

Matthew

#45 2006-01-07 14:43:30

andreas
Website

I’ve just emailed zem about it. Let’s see what he thinks.

#46 2006-01-07 15:03:37

tranquillo
Archived Plugin Author
Website

zem_contact_send_article is integrated in zem_contact_reborn now.

Credits go to sencer for pointing me out how to get hold of $thisarticle and to stuart for pointing me out that I had finished only half of it.

Last edited by tranquillo (2006-01-11 11:33:33)

#47 2006-01-07 22:20:49

squaredeye
Website

Andreas,
Well done, thanks for stepping up to the plate. I know Jeremie and some others may have already asked, so lets hope he doesn’t get grumpy :) He’s seems pretty chill though, and dedicated to what goes on around here.

Cheers,

Matthew

#48 2006-01-10 23:50:10

thebombsite
Archived Plugin Author
Website

I’ve now included tranquillo’s code to allow a “Send Article” link to be added to your individual article form. There are a couple of minor bug squishes as well as some “Help” updates.

Stuart

In a Time of Universal Deceit
Telling the Truth is Revolutionary.

1. Index
  2. » Archives
  3. » Plug-in: zem_contact_reborn

Board footer