Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#97 2005-11-04 21:08:16

jdueck
Plugin Author
Website

Re: Textpattern Resources Logo & Icons Design Contest

HEY!

The reboot was 3 days ago. what happened?

#98 2005-11-05 18:31:15

els

alexandra wrote:

why not taking a digging woman?

If you read Peter’s article you’ll know why ;)

#99 2005-11-05 18:43:40

alexandra

@ are you talking about the photograph he took from himself? he could have taken one, wearing a skirt ;)

#100 2005-11-05 20:06:22

els

Sure. Mini, of course. And high heels. Now who’s being sexist? ;)

#101 2005-11-06 15:28:34

zero
Website

It was the concept of the logo that won, not the execution of it. Every other logo was better executed. I tried to make it in the same style as the original txp logo. But I am not skillful enough to do that. I have tried.

If you look at the original txp logo, it is fairly androgynous, although to me it looks more male than female. Look at the digger and it <em>might</em> be a female but most would say it was male. Ideally digger would be androgynous. I have tried to make it so but I am not that skillful and my attempts just do not look right.

A good artist could draw it with the same flowing lines of the carver and make it androgynous too. If anyone could do this, I bet that the TXR crew wouldn’t mind replacing it. I certainly wouldn’t mind.

BB6 Band My band
Gud One My blog

#102 2005-11-08 19:32:30

alicson
Website

i am really really sorry about the complete lack of rebooting for the Textpattern Resources site. what with moving house over the past month, and my computer — a machine very near and dear to me — burning out its harddrive (after having already broken its brackets so that it can’t sit up on its own, and no matter the cd drive coughing and the touchpad not reaching its potential..), i have been without a “real computer” for well over a month now. i am currently on a “little” Satellite A45 that is doing its best but barely keeping up.. my new comp won’t be in til the end of this week..

so i have been AFK and MIA, and feeling very guilty and sorry about the textpattern.org not getting taken care of when i had intended.
at the moment i’m still inundated with house stuff (the moving into the new, but also the selling of the old), and my other big headache is another site that i must finish for someone — their funding depends on it.. and that has also been delayed, so i really must work on getting that taken care of before i can return my attention to the textpattern resources site, which is what i’d really like to be doing.

anyway, that’s what’s happened.. i’m sorry :( i’ve not abandoned it whatsoever.. i just have not been properly equipped, nor have the free time lately to concentrate on it.

thank you for whatever patience you have for me..
‘hope everyone and their computers have been happy and healthy.

textpattern.org :: find and share Textpattern resources
docs.textpattern.io :: Textpattern user documentation

#103 2005-11-08 21:06:45

alexandra

oh my dear that sounds pretty bad… i went through a hd crash recently and had to buy a new notebook, transferr the data and so on… thats no fun at all. do not worry about textpattern.org´s update… we can live with the current desing for some more month i guess :)

i press my thumb everything works out fine for you, ali. heads up!

#104 2005-12-29 16:56:05

jdueck
Plugin Author
Website

Well? :)

Board footer