raveoli
Website

[request] Paypal Secure Download

That could be neat – or is it just me?

#2 2005-01-11 00:06:32

reid
Website

Re: [request] Paypal Secure Download

It could be. Though I’m no plug-in coder.

But this might be a good starting point: TKPal “TK Pal is a snippet of PHP code you can place in a PHP enabled page to restrict access to content to TypeKey users who have specifically paid to see that content” [using PayPal]

TextPattern user since 04/04/04

#3 2005-01-11 11:53:55

raveoli
Website

Hmm, I don’t wanna use Typekey, rather something like this:
http://www.mirndtsoft.com/features.php?which=3

I’ve also played around with the infamous osCommerce
http://www.oscommerce.com/
And although it truly rocks, I don’t like the fact that people who wanna shop first have to create an account locally on my site, and then, when they checkout, also register with paypal. I believe the more minimal and easy and overall straightforward a shopping solution is; the more people will buy.

So the PayPal Shopping Cart coupled with a PHP-script that protects the download from being ripped, seems to work so much better. like here:
http://www.generalludd.com/

Of course I can implement the Mirndsoft-script into my TXP-install, but a plug-in or even a backend hack seems to me to be a great idea;-)

#4 2005-12-17 02:35:39

duchamp
Website

> raveoli wrote:

> So the PayPal Shopping Cart coupled with a PHP-script that protects the download from being ripped, seems to work so much better. like here:
http://www.generalludd.com/

Is that right? I spent a couple of minutes reading the Paypal site and couldn’t find it, but let me say what Im trying to do … just something similar to www.generalludd.com, a site that sells songs (MP3s) and it’s powered by Textpattern!
It was really easy to understand how Paypal works but the little trouble for today is to understand how the client obtain the song/s after paying through Paypal, and ofcourse ‘how to protect’ that files from people that didn’t pay!

Any help on this would be appreciated!

Thx

#5 2005-12-17 03:15:07

Mary
Sock Enthusiast

It would require quite a bit of programming; the PayPal side is pretty simple, since they have it worked out for you. The real work is in managing and protecting the downloads (anyone can slap a script together, its creating a quality one that takes effort). So, you’re not likely to get someone to make it for free, but maybe a plugin ransom. Just an fyi.

#6 2005-12-17 12:44:24

duchamp
Website

> mary wrote:

> So, you’re not likely to get someone to make it for free, but maybe a plugin ransom. Just an fyi.

That’s right, but as this is a site for a friends of mine and there’s no budget to pay for this, Im going to solve this searching and learning the best way to do it (with or without textpattern, it doesn’t matter,… maybe I can manage the site with TXP and the shopping cart with other tool or script … not sure actually).

Going to The Resource Index and Hotscripts right now … if I solve this, I will post it here.

Thx

#7 2005-12-17 21:27:00

kemie
Plugin Author
Website

duchamp, i’ve used e-junkie which, even though it doesn’t integrate directly with textpattern, i can imagine you could use it very easily using custom fields.

You upload the file to e-junkie, it gives you the download link, and it does the rest of the paypal stuff. super easy (i use it on pixilate )

~~~~~~~~~~~~~| monolinea.com | pixilate.com | istockphoto.com/kemie |~~~~~~~~~~~~~

#8 2005-12-17 21:32:03

duchamp
Website

Hello Kemie, yesterday I posted my views about ejunkie in Domestika Forums (Off-Topic thread).
Thx

PD: la cuestión es no agregarle “extras” a esta gente, vendiendo 24 canciones/MP3s habría que pagar unos $15.- mensuales y si bien no es mucho, prefieren no hacerlo (salvo que no quede otra).
Pero como tú dices, es la solución mas sencilla, aunque por ahora deba descartarla. Gracias.

#9 2005-12-19 00:27:14

kemie
Plugin Author
Website

The same guy who did e-junkie offers this script for download that also uses paypal’s IPN to allow you to interact with paypal’s payment. You’d need to integrate it with paypal yourself.

I’m no coder, so I went with e-junkie, but it seems like it could go quite far in what you need.

(perdon por el ingles, pero por aca es necesario :) )

~~~~~~~~~~~~~| monolinea.com | pixilate.com | istockphoto.com/kemie |~~~~~~~~~~~~~

#10 2005-12-19 13:41:50

duchamp
Website

> kemie wrote:

> The same guy who did e-junkie offers this script for download that also uses paypal’s IPN to allow you to interact with paypal’s payment. You’d need to integrate it with paypal yourself.

I’m no coder, so I went with e-junkie, but it seems like it could go quite far in what you need.

(perdon por el ingles, pero por aca es necesario :) )

Thanks again Kemie. You’re not a “coder” but you make things very well!
I spend all the weekend searching for a script, tool or anything to make a little shop working with Paypal and believe me it’s not easy to find! not for free. I guess that must to be a free tool to start up a small ecommerce, to makes me able to integrate with my site aesthetic/design, the most closed approach is http://www.oscommerce.com , a well know OpenSource solution with a GNU License that works with Paypal. I will try it!

About this thread subjet, maybe someone could takes the script from 19.5degs.com and create a Plugin for TXP … that could be an awesome feature!

#11 2005-12-21 06:07:10

Jeff_K
Archived Plugin Author
Website

I would definately have a use for this. Storing the URL of the file a custom field would be the obvious first step. Basically the script would load the custom field URL upon a completed sale. Like Mary said, protecting that URL would be key, and I am not sure what steps would be necessary to do this.. ALSO, the paypal IPN info online unfortunately seems a bit cryptic.

#12 2006-01-24 12:30:07

raveoli
Website

ipnDownload is a simple, free script – very compact too. Could serve as a worthy solution for anyone who wants to sell filedownloads. It should be easy to make it work with the custom fields in TXP. If not, then just paste the button-code into your articles.

www.ipndownload.info

Board footer