Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#37 2005-09-16 07:09:48

aba
Plugin Author

Re: nhn_image_import: multiple image import

> Anton wrote:

> “automatic thumbnail generation unless thumb-imagename.ext is present (then this is used as thumbnail)”

> Does this mean thumbs won’t be named [imagename]t.[ext] anymore?

No, it means if you have a image [imagename].[ext] it will be used to generate a thumbnail [id]t.[ext] and the image [id].[ext] unless you have thumb-[imagename].[ext] – if so this is copied to [id]t.[ext]

the image importer doesn’t change anything in the internal image handling functions it just makes importing more than one image easier.

#38 2005-09-16 07:19:53

Anton
Plugin Author
Website

ah, great :) i guess i misunderstood the imagename vs id thing there ;)

btw, how far from a non-beta are you now? any risks in taking this to a production site soonish?

#39 2005-09-16 07:59:40

aba
Plugin Author

There is only one problem left: under some circumstances it will import every image two times.
I still don’t know why because I can’t reproduce this problem (happened to me only one time) and I’m waiting for a report from dejan after I plastered the whole plugin with beta code.

Apart from that there are some checks missing but nothing that will hinder the plugin from working (they are only meant to stop error messages under some circumstances like that gd doesn’t have gif support included).

I’ll check the code tonight (late shift has its advantages) and will post a public version at the weekend (hopefully with a fix for the doubling problem). I can’t guarantee that it will work without any error but it seems stable enough to try it.

#40 2005-11-13 19:51:44

1beb
Plugin Author
Website

Heya,

Whatever happened to this? Did you get it working?

#41 2005-11-13 23:12:32

Anton
Plugin Author
Website

aba: could it be due to permissions of the import folder not being 777?

#42 2005-11-14 00:28:17

aba
Plugin Author

I appreciate every attempt to help, but this thread should not be used because the plugin matured quite nicely and got an own thread

The correct thread is: http://forum.textpattern.com/viewtopic.php?id=11428

unfortunately the double import error is still present and I am still unable to reproduce it. There is a user using windows (rendering the permission approach a bit offroad) who sees this problem whenever he’s in the same session. The current version tries to check whether the import directory is writable (or better, the images are deleteable) and some other things triggering the damned windows as well (I didn’t use unix permissions whenever possible but it seems the checks for readable and writable in php have funny results in windows)

Board footer