Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#37 2005-10-26 15:12:10

Sencer
Archived Developer
Website

Re: asy_jpcache 0.9.8 - Fast Full Page Caching

If it is ricepaperonline.com then judging by the HTTP-Headers then asy_jpcache is not installed (correctly), at least none of the code is executed.

#38 2005-10-28 03:17:18

tomatoe
Website

I turned it off cause it was causing pages to load slower than with the plugin on. But I upgraded to the latest 4.0.1 and retried to reenable the plugin, and suddenly it started to work much better. Thanks.

And yes, it’s www.ricepaperonline.com

Last edited by tomatoe (2005-10-28 03:18:11)

#39 2005-11-15 05:13:04

maniqui
Website

I installed this plug-in for first time today. It’s very nice.

But.. ops! I’m having some issues with Firefox 1.5.

Each time I save an article/page/form and then go to the site and try to do a simple refresh (or simple click in a home/section/article link) of the content, I get a blank page.
Only after pressing CTRL + F5, I get the page content again.

It’s weird. It only happens in Firefox (i’m using 1.5) but doesnt happen in IE nor Opera.

If I disable the plug-in (simple turning it off in the plug-in list), then everything works fine: I save an article/page/form, then go to the front-side of the site and do a simple refresh, and my contents is refreshed, without the problem of the blank page.
But if I enable it again, do a change, save the article/page/form, and do a simple refresh (or click in a home/section/article link) I get again that blank page.

I have tested this a few times, just to be sure that I can reproduce this at least in my computer.

I also do the following test: I saved a form/page/article in FF 1.5, then I open Flock (a FF-based browser) and tried to navigate the site, and I also get a blank page in Flock.

I’m not a genius doing conclusions, but I think there is something between this excelleng plug-in and the Gecko browser.

Sencer, if you need any information, please, just let me know.

Thanks.

Last edited by maniqui (2005-11-15 12:27:28)

La música ideas portará y siempre continuará

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

#40 2005-11-15 08:56:11

juanjonavarro
Plugin Author
Website

maniqui, I have the same problem with this plugin.

#41 2005-11-15 09:21:10

Sencer
Archived Developer
Website

And this only happens with Firefox 1.5 and not with Firefox 1.0.7? Very strange.

I guess I’ll have to start playing with 1.5 then. It might take me a few days…

#42 2005-11-15 10:26:01

juanjonavarro
Plugin Author
Website

No, I have this problem with firefox 1.0.7.

#43 2005-11-15 15:28:54

maniqui
Website

I think I have found something else:

the bug is triggered (= you get a blank page) in this situation:

• if you save a form without making any change.
  • if you modify a form but that modification doesn’t have any “impact” over the content of the refreshed page. Deep explanation: I have a form with some conditionals thay may have “impact” on the content layout of a page. If I make a change (add a simple comma) outside the conditional that is related to the output for the content layout of the refreshed page, then the blank page is triggered.

The but is not triggered (you can succesfully refresh the content with just an F5 hit):

• if you modify a form and the modification has impact over the content of the refreshed page. This is the “countercase” (dont know if that word exists) of the above point.
    Deep explanation: I have a form with some conditionals thay may have “impact” on the content layout of a page. If I make a change (add a simple comma) inside the conditional that is related to the output for the content layout of the refreshed page, then the blank page is triggered.
  • if, for example, I add an excerpt to an article.

I will try to do some more testing.

#44 2005-11-15 17:33:49

Sencer
Archived Developer
Website

I suspect this has to do with you guys getting the wrong http-headers, is it possible that you are running PHP as (F)CGI? We fixed something similar for the feeds, looks like the same thing is happening here.

For a temporary fix: In jpcache-main.php find: header("HTTP/1.0 304"); and replace with header("Status: 304 Not Modified"); if this does help, I should have an updated version ready soon.

#45 2005-11-15 17:53:56

maniqui
Website

> Sencer wrote:
> is it possible that you are running PHP as (F)CGI?

Yes. My hosting provider has changed to PHP as CGI in the last week.

> Sencer wrote:
> For a temporary fix: In jpcache-main.php find: header("HTTP/1.0 304"); and replace with header("Status: 304 Not Modified"); if this does help, I should have an updated version ready soon.

You are a magician!
I made the change you suggested and, at least by now, this is working good in FF 1.5.

Thanks, Sencer!

#46 2005-11-16 03:09:14

soulship
Website

This fix is working for me as well. I have been having problems with one site in particular and just happened on this thread. Same problems. I was initially getting errors in ie/opera as well. Then those disappeared and the blank page ff issue showed up.

I posted all the errors ‘here”:http://forum.textpattern.com/viewtopic.php?id=12757

This was the error in ie and opera only: Notice: Undefined index: HTTP_REFERER in /users/home/xxxxxx/web/public/textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(455) : eval()’d code on line 271

I though maybe it was the hitlogger plug, but I made the “fix” suggeested and re-activated hitlogger and all seems well for the time being.

One thing I have noticed on this site is that I am getting this Etag where on other sites I am using this the Etag is not listed when examining the headers. I don’t know anything about Etags. Would this indicate anything out of the ordinary?

ETag: “jpd—1730008019.6157”

Thanks!
Jamie

#47 2005-11-16 10:07:29

Sencer
Archived Developer
Website

Just a note: people not running on (F)CGI will worsen the situation by changing the code as described above.

Your error is not related to my plugin, soulship. There is exactly one occurence of $_SERVER['HTTP_REFERER'] in my code, and that is preceded by a check with isset(), precisely so it won’t throw errors like that.

ETag: "jpd-1730008019.6157" is used by the plugin to do caching stuff, like 304s. The jp is short for jpcache, which this plugin is based on.

#48 2005-12-31 13:41:08

edburdo
Website

Still getting the same blank page (FF 1.5). Even after making the suggested change (using 4.0.3).

Eric

Board footer