Website

Re: [plugin] [ORPHAN] vdh_flickr

Thanks for explaining Larf!

#170 2005-10-15 22:17:05

bizartist
Website

Larf, you officially rule!

Just started tinkering around with a vdh_flickr gallery for a friend’s portfolio, and it’s a great setup. I’m not huge on the way txp handles images, so allowing me to use Flickr instead is awesome! I just hope Yahoo! doesn’t screw up Flickr, but I am more optimistic than many in this regard.

Anyway, thanks for the plugin, good stuff.

After enduring years of Art School, mild mannered Owen Waring noticed some unusual changes… the constant bombardment of criticism, it seems, had altered his DNA. Half pixel pusher, half programmer, he had become…. THE BIZARTIST

#171 2005-10-15 22:26:16

larf
Archived Plugin Author
Website

Thankyouthankyou. If you have ideas for improvements, please let me know. And I’m always interested in seeing this plugin in action…

#172 2005-10-17 18:52:47

spaceace

Do any of the existing tags have additional attributes available which are not documented? For example, <code><txp:vdh_flickr_set_link></code> and <code><txp:vdh_flickr_set_img /></code> would be great if they could take an additional attribute of title=”“ which was converted to an HTML title attribute.

Handy for accessibility…

Also, when I use <code><txp:vdh_flickr_set_number_of_photos /></code> I would like to display the number generated in brackets, eg. New York (4), but an additional trailing space is added when the tag is replaced meaning it renders as New York (4 ) – is there a way to stop this??

I am using the plugin hoping to put together a photography portfolio site and the Flickr integration is great – just these few minor points are a bit tricky for me :-)

Last edited by spaceace (2005-10-17 19:25:43)

#173 2005-10-17 20:57:39

photonomad
Website

I’m putting together a site for a local group of photographers and I want to display a flickr set from each photographer’s flickr account… thus, I want the preview page for my galleries section to list a set for each photogrpher’s nsid. I want each photographer’s set to have it’s own nsid so that a photogapher can upload/edit their set whenever they want via their own flickr account.

I thought I could add sets from different flickr accounts by creating a new article for each flickr nsid/set combination. However, I was wrong — when I do this, the preview page just shows one of the sets… twice… one on top of the other.

Is it possible for me to achieve what I want to through forms or code in the galleries section page? Do I need to edit the vdh_flickr source code? Or… should I just face the fact that I might have to create a flickr account for our group and then create a set for each photog and give him or her the login/password for the group account and hope that nobody accidentally messes with anyone elses’s set?

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

and Larf — you are awesome for creating this plugin!!

Thanks,
Stacey

Last edited by photonomad (2005-10-17 21:31:30)

#174 2005-10-18 05:45:57

Niconemo

Oh, yes. I second that. If there is a way to have several flickr accounts in one page it will be a great improvement for your plugin, larf. :-)

Nico

#175 2005-10-18 06:35:22

larf
Archived Plugin Author
Website

@spaceace:

The <txp:vdh_flickr_set_link> and <txp:vdh_flickr_set_img /> do not have a title attribute, but I can implement one for the next version.

Concerning <txp:vdh_flickr_set_number_of_photos />:
I’ve noticed a bug that produces a whitespace after the number of photos. This will be gone in the next version. Thanks for the hint!

@photonomad and Niconemo:

What your planning to do is not possible right now, but I have a solution in my head that may work out for you.

@Niconemo:
Yesterday, I accidently stumbled across your 2CV dock icon for adium. Superb!

So just be patient, maybe I will release a new version this week.

#176 2005-10-18 08:21:00

Niconemo

> Yesterday, I accidently stumbled across your 2CV dock icon for adium. Superb!

Thank you ;-)

> So just be patient, maybe I will release a new version this week.

I was not asking for so much, but it is a very good new.

Nico

#177 2005-10-18 12:39:45

hannes.muc
Website

Larf,

I have tried to update to version 0.8.3, but all my photo pages show is a clean page, no content at all.
In Debug mode, the error I get is
.bq Notice: Undefined index: except in /home/wmdakx/htdocs/textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(429) : eval()’d code on line 101
PHP-Version is 4.4.0
Version 0.8 works beautiful, but I would love to get the random stuff…
Thanks,
Hannes

please note that my website is far from being finished… i know it still sucks!

#178 2005-10-18 14:28:26

larf
Archived Plugin Author
Website

Hmm, this message does not help me to identify the problem. I suggest you set up a second txp installation in a subdirectory of your host, and send me the login data. That would help me find out why it’s not running on your host.

#179 2005-10-18 14:50:13

spaceace

Larf

Thanks for the news – I will look forward to an updated plugin. This is so far the most useful TXP plugin I have found :-)

Cheers

#180 2005-10-18 18:50:17

photonomad
Website

yes, thanks for the news! I look forward to what you do for multiple nsid’s.

I second spaceace — this plugin is by far the best image gallery solution for textpattern! mega useful!!
all the other plugins make you go back and forth between the image and article tabs… or they don’t offer the flexibility and customization or image sizing/managment capabilites that flickr does, etc. hands down, yours is the best! :)

Board footer