Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2004-04-25 19:25:53

Flashpix
Plugin Author
Website

[plugin] [ORPHAN] fpx_blogroll: Blogrolling.com plugin

I’ve written a small plugin to display the blogrolling.com link list.

You can download it here.

Usage:

<p><code><txp:fpx_blogroll /></code> Display the link list of blogrolling.com for your account.</p> <p>This plugin accepts the following parameters:</p> <dl><dt><code>id</code></dt><dd>Required parameter. This is the id of your blogrolling link list.</dd> <dt><code>label</code></dt><dd>The label for the link list, will be printed first.</dd> <dt><code>break</code></dt><dd>The same as in <code><txp:category_list /></code>. If used with li, label will also printed in li bracket. Otherwise the complete tag has to be entered, e.g. <code><br /></code></dd> <dt><code>wraptag</code></dt><dd>The same as in <code><txp:category_list /></code>. Has to be the tag without the brackets. </dd> </dl>

I hope this plugin is useful for you too.

And i hope textile doesn’t eat my formatting…

If the usage is not readable, please read this

#2 2004-04-25 20:13:34

Sho

Re: [plugin] [ORPHAN] fpx_blogroll: Blogrolling.com plugin

Good job :).

#3 2004-05-07 14:33:28

sneuweger

I’ve got the problem that the label and the first blogroll-item are appearing in the same line. <a href=“http://txp.leasingwissen.de”>Testseite</a>

How can i solve this?

THX
Stefan

#4 2004-05-07 14:39:06

sneuweger

Sorry, just found it out myself. i changed the plugin this way:

<cite> … if (!empty($wraptag)) { $blogroll = preg_replace(“/<div(.*?)>/”, “<div\$1><$wraptag>$label$break”, $blogroll); $blogroll = preg_replace(“/<\/div>/”, “</$wraptag></div>”, $blogroll); } else { $blogroll = preg_replace(“/<div(.*?)>/”, “<div\$1>$label$break”, $blogroll); } $out = $out . $blogroll.”\n”;
….
</cite>

Last edited by sneuweger (2004-05-07 14:41:07)

#5 2004-05-07 14:50:16

Flashpix
Plugin Author
Website

Hm, could be that i overlooked this case when not in list mode. I take a look at your fix and will add it to my code after some testing.

Thanks for the feedback,

#6 2004-05-09 11:38:47

Flashpix
Plugin Author
Website

New Release. Grab it here.

Fixed the bug with the label not using the breaktag if not in “li”-mode.

Added support for recently updated feature of blogrolling.com.

To use this, the following parameters are added:

<dl><dt><code>updatemark</code></dt><dd>Use this if you\‘re using the recently updated feature of blogrolling.com. You should set this to a single sign with which you preceed every updated entry. I suggest using a ! (without any whitespace).</dd> <dt><code>updateclass</code></dt><dd>Use this if you\‘re using the recently updated feature of blogrolling.com. This will be the class name of the recently updated links. You should set the updatemark parameter also for this. This parameter defaults to “updated” if not given.</dd></dl>

To enable this, set your blogrolling to add a unique identifier in front of every updated link (i use a !). A string will probably work too. If this identifier is found, it is removed and a class=‘updated’ is added to the link. The class name can be configured, see above.

#7 2004-05-13 19:17:16

Flashpix
Plugin Author
Website

Another new release, now up to 0.3.

Since Blogrolling.com (to be exact: rpc.blogrolling.com) was not accessible today, and this rendered my site (and any site using my plugin) very unresponsive due to no timeout in the fopen call, i had to update the plugin.

So i added a check with fopensock to check if rpc.blogrolling.com is accessible, and only if this works, the fopen call is performed. The timeout is configurable. And since rpc.blogrolling.com is a little bit unstable in the last time, i also added a silent parameter to suppress the output of an error message in this case. All this plugin returns then is an empty string.

Here’s a description of the new parameters:

<dl> <dt><code>timeout</code></dt><dd>Sometimes the RPC service of blogrolling.com doesn&quot;t work. Use this to set a user defined timeout value. The default for this is 3 seconds (may be to low, so you can set it higher)</dd> <dt><code>silent</code></dt><dd>Set this to 1 if you don&quot;t want an error message if blogrolling.com is not accessible or fopen(url) is not allowed.</dd>
</dl>

Download it here

#8 2004-05-13 19:25:17

Tom Alday
Website

i was racking my brain today wondering why every other page except my main index was working, i guess this explains it.

i’ll be updating once i get home, thanks.

#9 2004-05-13 21:36:04

Flashpix
Plugin Author
Website

I wrote an email to the support of my provider asking why my site was down – made a fool of myself there, because i didn’t check if the backend was working.

Anyway, the new version should be much better in this regard, works fine on my site, only the Blogroll is not displayed.

#10 2004-05-13 21:50:05

Tom Alday
Website

works perfectly, the ability to have it automatically display a “Blogroll is down” type message is awesome.

Board footer