Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#25 2005-09-12 17:37:43

thebombsite
Archived Plugin Author
Website

Re: A Terrible Sadness

If you are definitely taking TextGarden off-line Dean, I shall take a copy of Sivert’s designs and add them to thebombsite.com layouts section alongside another one that I already have. Sort of “adopt” them unless there are any objections??

Stuart

In a Time of Universal Deceit
Telling the Truth is Revolutionary.

#26 2005-09-12 17:53:17

alicson
Website

Stuart, I was going to suggest that they be adopted, also. I certainly would not object..others may feel differently though. I’m still very sad by what has happened…. If there’s a way to retrieve sivni.com…I’d like to think that he’d like those parts of himself that he shared openly, to continue to be shared..
I hope he’s at peace now…

textpattern.org :: find and share Textpattern resources
docs.textpattern.io :: Textpattern user documentation

#27 2005-09-13 00:07:12

1beb
Plugin Author
Website

Of course we should maintain his creations. He gladly gave them to the textpattern community before and now there’s ever more reason to showcase them.

With respect to salvaging his website… well that’s a touchy subject. Most of his posts can be found through google. However, I think if someone wants to take on something like that they should get permission from Sivert’s parents or anyone else that might have a vested interest in such a site. Although, agreeably, textgarden.org would be a good place to put it considering that most of us know him through his templates. You know… a “/sivni” section.

#28 2005-09-13 00:40:27

Anark

I’m not sure what purpose is served by temporarily taking down Textgarden. There are themes there, they’re good ones, people might want to use them yet won’t be able to use them unless the site is open.

Until there’s a successor who’ll maintain the site and until we’ve worked out the changes we want to make to it, I’d say let’s honour Sivni by keeping his work available.

Last edited by Anark (2005-09-13 00:41:13)

#29 2005-09-13 01:28:58

Boogenstein

What a terrible shame. We weren’t friends and our paths only crossed very briefly here but he seemed a very real and decent person in his posts. A tragic loss indeed……………

“Keep a straight face and you’ll be laughing!”

#30 2005-09-13 03:56:02

MsContrary
Website

The internet is not a nameless faceless unfeeling place when you can feel sadness at the loss of someone you never met face to face. I admired his designs. And never got a hint from them of what he must have been going through.

M

I am not a professional woman

#31 2005-09-13 04:10:46

Anark

> thebombsite wrote:

> I would be quite happy to step in if everyone is OK with that.

Sounds like a good idea to me but to discuss it please open a new thread on the future of Textgarden and link to it from here.

#32 2005-09-13 05:23:04

Destry
Website

Keep textgarden open, and like Mary suggested, put in a well-thought dedication to Sivni, it seems like the right and thoughtful thing to do.

#33 2005-09-13 05:49:43

1beb
Plugin Author
Website

Destry wrote: Keep textgarden open, and like Mary suggested, put in a well-thought dedication to Sivni, it seems like the right and thoughtful thing to do.

I second that motion.

#34 2005-09-13 08:35:06

alexandra

@Stu
would you mind opening up a thread on the textpattern section regarding the textgarden issue. I have the feeling this thread here should stay open for those how like to express their feelings, condolences and for Siverts mother to see how much Sivert was respected by our little community.

#35 2005-09-13 14:09:57

davidm

“To live in hearts we leave behind is not to die”, I think this quote from Clyde Campbell is appropriate since many of us will miss and remember Sivert’s enthousiasm, talent and dedication. Having lost my brother a few years ago, I know this in no way will fill the big void that close ones feel, yet for me having people remember and carry a part of my brother’s “spirit” helped.

I remember Sivert inspired me, and that he was the one who had me starting the whole template contest thing, and when Dean asked me who I would consider to run textgarden.org, Sivert’s name came naturally and he did as good a work with this project as he always did with his templates…

This is a real loss for us all, and I feel just like MsContrary that even though I never met him, I knew and appreciated him and will miss him…

I agree about textgarden going on, with a special dedication to Sivert.
I also suggest we textpatterners all point to this page from our blogs, a testimony of our appreciation for Sivert.

.: Retired :.

#36 2005-09-13 14:24:33

neutrino
Website

I feared this. Very sad news. I felt for his struggle.
While reading this thread, I just happened to be listening to this:

“But I can still recall the sting of all the tears when he was gone
They said he crashed and burned
I know I’ll never learn why any boy should die so young
We were racing, we were soldiers of fortune
We got in trouble but we sure got around
There are times I think I see him peeling out of the dark
I think he’s right behind me now and he’s gaining ground”

From Meatloaf’s “Objects in the rear view mirror may appear closer than they are”

Somehow, it seemed appropriate.

Board footer