</blockquote>

But I can see only this…

<blockquote>
Name:
User Name:
Email:
</blockquote>
Any idea what’s happenning? I’m using Rev. 500

“Take a point, stretch it into a line, curl it into a circle, twist it into a sphere, and punch through the sphere.”

— Albert Einstein

#50 2005-07-19 03:18:52

Manfre
Plugin Author
Website

Re: mem_self_register

This may be a stupid question, but is the plugin enabled? Also, can you list the tag and arguments you used for “mem_self_register_form”.

#51 2005-07-19 13:08:47

creativesplash
Website

Forget what I said. Its working fine now. The problem was that I was using the tags directly in a page template. I put the same code in the form and BINGO. Its working just fine now. Thanx.

“Take a point, stretch it into a line, curl it into a circle, twist it into a sphere, and punch through the sphere.”

— Albert Einstein

#52 2005-07-19 16:59:26

creativesplash
Website

<blockquote><code> function mem_show_prefs($event,$step) { global $textarray,$levels,$mem_self;

extract(get_prefs()); $locale = setlocale(LC_ALL, $locale); $textarray = load_lang($language);

extract($mem_self);

echo ‘<form action=“index.php” method=“post”>’, startTable(‘list’), tr(tdcs(hed(gTxt(‘prefs’),1),3)),

tr( td(gTxt(‘admin_email’)) . td(text_input(‘admin_email’, $admin_email, ‘20’)) ), tr( td(gTxt(‘admin_name’)) . td(text_input(‘admin_name’, $admin_name, ‘20’)) ), tr( td(gTxt(‘new_user_priv’)) . td(selectInput(‘new_user_priv’,$levels,$new_user_priv).popHelp(“about_privileges”)) ), ‘’;

echo tr(tda(fInput(‘submit’,‘Submit’,gTxt(‘save_button’),‘publish’), ‘ colspan=“3” class=“noline”’)), endTable(), sInput(‘prefs_save’), eInput(‘self-reg’), hInput(‘prefs_id’,“1”), hInput(‘lastmod’,“now()”), ‘</form>’;
</code></blockquote>

May I know what function this is? (and how do I use it?) Can I use this with ign_password_protect?

Last edited by creativesplash (2005-07-19 17:00:18)

— Albert Einstein

#53 2005-07-19 18:10:24

igner
Plugin Author

that’s an internal function to the plugin – it displays the preferences for the extension on a new extensions tab.

The users are added to the txp_users table, which is what ign_password_protect uses for authentication, so yes, you can use the two together.

And then my dog ate my badger, and the love was lost.

#54 2005-07-19 18:27:29

creativesplash
Website

Thanx Igner. I thought this was a front-end function. But it turns out to be the other-way-around.

How can I manipulate this plugin so that I can let users change their passwords after they login to the website using ign_password_protect. I tried meddling around with the code in txp_admin.php and putting it inside this plugin as a function. But I failed miserably. Can you help me out with this?

Last edited by creativesplash (2005-07-19 18:29:43)

— Albert Einstein

#55 2005-07-20 02:09:38

Manfre
Plugin Author
Website

> creativesplash wrote:

> Thanx Igner. I thought this was a front-end function. But it turns out to be the other-way-around.

How can I manipulate this plugin so that I can let users change their passwords after they login to the website using ign_password_protect. I tried meddling around with the code in txp_admin.php and putting it inside this plugin as a function. But I failed miserably. Can you help me out with this?

Users will need access to “admin” to be able to get to the site admin tab (look in admin_config.php). The users will need to have a privilige level other than 0 to access the admin section. If it is 0 and you want it to remain as 0, then you will need a plugin that exposes a change password form.

#56 2005-07-20 02:36:28

igner
Plugin Author

I can look at adding this to ign_password_protect.

And then my dog ate my badger, and the love was lost.

#57 2005-07-20 16:11:20

creativesplash
Website

That’d be really cool Jeremy. It’d be great if you can do something about it.

— Albert Einstein

#58 2005-07-25 18:22:32

june

Hi,

I installed this plugin. When I enable the plugin it seems to mess up my admin interface. Tabs like “preferences”, “logs” and “import” all go blank.

Any suggestions?

thanks!

june

#59 2005-07-25 18:31:45

Manfre
Plugin Author
Website

june, when you disable the plugin, does everything go back to normal? Also, what version (and build if known) of textpattern are you using?

#60 2005-07-25 18:40:48

june

Yes, when I disable the plugin everything goes back to normal.

The diganostics page says I’m using this version:
Textpattern version: 1.0rc3

We installed this not too long ago so I’m guessing we have the latest version installed.

-june

Board footer