Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2005-07-07 08:21:46

Niconemo

[request] total_customfield

Well.. a request that may interest some others :

It would be useful to have a plugin that make an addition of the number written in a chosen custom field (in the whole database) and return it as a tag

Eg.
For an icons download site, I have a custom fields for the number of items (icons) in the linked archive. It would be nice to have in the frontpage “there are currently < txp. total_customfield coustomfield=“myfield” / > icons to download here”.

If someone is interested in making such a plugin… thanks by advance

Nico

#2 2005-07-07 09:04:35

Jeremie
Website

Re: [request] total_customfield

Too specific for a plugin I guess, but iirc you can add PHP code inside a page/form; so you can get that data with a couple lines of code.

#3 2005-07-07 09:57:24

Niconemo

Re: [request] total_customfield

> Jeremie wrote:

> Too specific for a plugin I guess, but iirc you can add PHP code inside a page/form; so you can get that data with a couple lines of code.

Thank you for your answer :)

Not sure it’s so specific. My example is very specific but it can have a lot of other application : a total amount of products or money in a basket, statistic…
I thought about coding it directly in PHP (in a form that can be used anywhere) but, I’m not good in PHP (though that seems a basic operation) and I thought it could be a simple but useful plugin.

[ If I can find out how to make that basic addition on a row in the database in php (that should be possible even for php newbie like me), I have a question : do I need to add a call to the config settings to connect to the database or txp will do that ? ]

Last edited by Niconemo (2005-07-07 09:57:56)

Nico

Board footer