Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#13 2005-05-28 15:41:25

theturninggate
Website

Re: [plugin] [ORPHAN] rss_live_archive

Okay, I’m up against a wall trying to get this to work. The problem is that my Files directory is unwritable. I’ve gone into my host interface and have set file permissions to 777, but TXP doesn’t recognize them. I even tried changing the File Upload Path to “images” as a test (because I know that I can write to my images directory) and it still said the directory wasn’t writeable.

Does anyone have any ideas on this, or am I just doing something wrong?

#14 2005-05-28 16:02:34

wilshire
Plugin Author
Website

Try setting the directory to an absolute path (/full/path/to/dir) and see if that works.

#15 2005-05-28 16:31:08

theturninggate
Website

I got it working by leaving the File Upload Path set to the default “/tmp”. I had been trying to change it to “/files”. Is there any reason not to do it this way?

#16 2005-05-28 19:28:48

himynameisjonas
Archived Plugin Author
Website

i get this error message:

Warning: Missing argument 2 for rss_live_archive() in /customers/iamnotfromfinland.net/iamnotfromfinland.net/httpd.www/jonas/textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(352) : eval()’d code on line 72

any idea why?

#17 2005-05-28 22:35:47

wilshire
Plugin Author
Website

Yes, look up about 7 posts

The tag is not self closing. Use like this:
<code>
<txp:rss_live_archive>
<txp:rss_suparchive />
</txp:rss_live_archive>
</code>

#18 2005-05-29 11:50:25

himynameisjonas
Archived Plugin Author
Website

oh hahaha, i had missed the closing tag.

but now it only shows the “Loading Article Archives…” then i dissapear and nothing else shows up.

#19 2005-05-29 14:24:16

sekhu
Website

anyway this could squeeze in organisation alphanumerically? so it goes:

year, month, first letter/number of entry? or the option to remove the month and just have the letter?

Cheers

EDIT: having problems getting it to work, I just get a blank page.

http://sekhu.net/txpattern/section/book/

Here’s the page code:

<pre><div id=“single” class=“box”>
<txp:if_article_list>
<txp:rss_live_archive>
<txp:rss_suparchive_menu headerlabel=“Archives” showcount=“1” showheader=“1” section=“book” />
<txp:rss_suparchive section=“book” />
</txp:rss_live_archive>
</txp:if_article_list>
</pre>

Any ideas? The dir is writable to 755 as per the default tot he default tmp dir.

EDIT2: It’s doing something, checking the tmp file there about three files one named year, it’s just not displaying?

Last edited by sekhu (2005-05-29 17:12:27)

#20 2005-05-29 16:01:07

domfucssion
Plugin Author

@himynameisjonas : I had problems with this working too, are you using “zem_debug”? try disabling it. Thats how i got it going….

#21 2005-05-29 17:21:46

MikkelM
Website

I can’t make it work neither …
Right now it’s just showing nothing (or not showing anything? :) )
It might be, because I have my txp installed in a sub directory? My files directory is writable ..

#22 2005-05-29 19:49:37

sekhu
Website

that’s what I was thinking, I have subdir install to, if you view your source, it probably displays the content/code but not displaying anything on the main page?

With the super archives code inebtween those tags, I assumed it would display that code at least, but it seems to ignore the js altogether, displaying a blank space, and therefore it assumes the js has loaded so doesn’t display any of the rss super archive content either. i’ve disabled it until someone is able to provide more info on how to get this working. the instructions are straight forward enough, it seems to be a config problem with where the plugin seems to think the js resides (it seems to look in the subdir rather than the installation dir)

#23 2005-05-30 03:05:16

ss

(sorry for checking this late, but i was away for the weekend)

wow, thanks so much wilshire for the update. i must have missed some information you’ve posted, but how do i get the ‘day’ to display before the title instead of at the end?

note to anyone installing and/or updating this brilliant plugin but not managing to make it show, perhaps you haven’t yet gone to your article list ( content > articles ), clicked on an old article and saved it? (this does something it seems) mine showed up only after i did this.

#24 2005-05-30 10:29:11

sekhu
Website

I got this working after disabling another plugin.

<strike>The next problem seems to be the output is wrong – that is it’s displaying all the entries for one section (which is correct) , and displaying them all under one date (incorrect) when those entries have been entered over several days. Is this a bug?</strike>

Additionally I don’t seem to be getting the year
Other things I’e noticed – using subdate merges/overlaps the comment text over the subdate, and the same with the date.
The loading message doesn’t change when modified either, and only displays the default

Suggestions?

Cheers

Last edited by sekhu (2005-05-30 12:24:54)

Board footer