Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#229 2005-05-12 16:27:24

wilshire
Plugin Author
Website

Re: [plugin] [ORPHAN] rss_suparchive - article archive list

johnsee – I didn’t get an email from you, sorry. If you still need the old version its still available here rss_suparchive 0.8.

The last version of rss_suparchive that will run on RC1 or earlier is 0.8. I don’t think I’ve ever used it on g19 so I can’t tell you it will work but I assume at least someone’s done it.

#230 2005-05-12 17:16:26

theturninggate
Website

Wilshire: Great update on the plugin. And I love your site redesign. I do have a request for the rss_suparchive_menu, though. Presently, it can create a menu broken up by month or year. Could you include support for Section and Category menus in a future release?

Cheers,
Matthew

#231 2005-05-12 18:15:58

soulship
Website

Category menus I know work. All you need to do is:

<code><txp:rss_suparchive_bycat showsection=“0” showcats=“0” section=“photo” showarticle=“0” /></code>

and that will output anchors of the categories in the selected section. You can also use it dynamically to output categories of currently viewed section. You have to have at least one article in each cat you want included in the output list. Style as you like.

#232 2005-05-12 18:18:56

soulship
Website

If you are using rev344 or above this could be a problem as cat “names” are no longer pretty, but the new field of cat “title” is pretty and meant for output. I have back versioned to rev326 for a site i am working on because of this change and the lack of tag/plugin support for cat “title’ as of yet.

#233 2005-05-14 03:06:33

shadowlost
Website

Can i get a step by step on this? I downloaded and installed the plugin. I made a section called archive. Now what? whats the call i place on the page? what else do i do to it? Thanks

www.jakets.net

#234 2005-05-16 04:21:41

shadowlost
Website

> shadowlost wrote:

> Can i get a step by step on this? I downloaded and installed the plugin. I made a section called archive. Now what? whats the call i place on the page? what else do i do to it? Thanks

Please, i still need help on this, as i dont know what im doing..

www.jakets.net

#235 2005-05-16 04:53:14

aesop1
Archived Plugin Author

Shadowlost,

It is hard to say since you can do various things with this plugin. It is pretty feature rich and it is possible to present your content in many different ways. Here is how I am using it for my “news” section . . .

<code><txp:if_article_list> <txp:rss_suparchive section=“news” dateformat=“F Y” showsubdate=“1” class=“aa” addbreak=“1” limit=“20” form=“news_list” linktosection=“news” />
</txp:if_article_list>

<txp:if_individual_article> <txp:article form=“news_static” />
</txp:if_individual_article>

//elsewhere on the page in a navigation column, I use rss_suparchive_menu to create the menu links I need to change //the view . . .

<txp:rss_suparchive_menu mode=“MONTH” section=“news” linktosection=“news” />
</code>

The best thing to do is to go and look at Wilshire’s examples on his site and play with the plugin in addition to the plugin help info.

Hope that helps.

Last edited by aesop1 (2005-05-16 04:58:48)

#236 2005-05-17 09:32:27

mttw

How and where can I change the days and months to my local language?

#237 2005-05-17 16:09:31

wilshire
Plugin Author
Website

shadowlost – Its very easy to install. Just create a page called archive to go with your archive section. Then add a call to <code><txp:rss_suparchive /></code> to the page. Thats it. Make sure you set the proper section or categories along with any of the other optional parameters you want.

mttw – I don’t believe the current output uses the new strftime() formatting that allows for internationalization. You could do it however by creating your own article form to display your results with.

#238 2005-05-17 16:24:07

wilshire
Plugin Author
Website

jakob wrote:
After quite some experimentation I seem to have tracked it down to this line in supaarchive_by_cat.
&nbsp;
<code>$dateposted = ($showY && is_numeric($u3)) ? “ AND Posted LIKE ‘”.$showY.$showM.$showD.”%’ “ : “ AND posted < now()”;</code>
&nbsp;
After changing it as follows it seems all timeframes work correctly:
&nbsp;
<code>$dateposted = ($showY && is_numeric($u3)) ? “ AND Posted LIKE ‘”.$showY.$showM.$showD.”%’ “ : “”;</code>

Good catch jakob. I’ll include a fix for this in the next release.

Last edited by wilshire (2005-05-17 16:24:35)

#239 2005-05-20 02:47:14

Manfre
Plugin Author
Website

wilshire,
I am not sure if this is intended behavior or a bug, but a list will not be displayed when showing an individual entry. In the past, this worked properly. I don’t remember the version, but it was shortly after you published it. I then jumped to .14 version, which caused Txp to output a blank page when I included the tag on an individual page, instead of a section page. It properly displayed the list on the section page. I have now upgraded to .15, which shows the list properly on the section page, but the list is not outputted on the individual entry pages.

Page is question: http://manfre.net/postcards/
Tag Syntax:
<txp:rss_suparchive section="postcards" showsection="0" showsubdate="0" showcats="0" class="archivedl" addbreak="1" />

The desired result is to have the full list displayed at all times, with individual entries showing above the list when selected.

Last edited by Manfre (2005-05-20 02:49:15)

#240 2005-05-20 14:11:52

zoeglingjulian
Website

Somehow I’ve got a problem with your plugin and the dates. I posted one article on the 17th at 1.29 am but your plugin lists it for the 16th… must be a problem with the timezone or something?

Example: http://www.julianstahnke.de/archiv, the article “Interview mit einem Rollskifahrer”.

edit: I’ve got the timezone set to +1, daylight savings enabled… site’s hosted on textdrive, if that helps.

Last edited by zoeglingjulian (2005-05-20 14:15:16)

Board footer