Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#13 2005-04-13 12:30:58

hakjoon
Website

Re: [plugin] [ORPHAN] upm_quicktags: Implement Alex King’s Quicktags

what that didn’t make perfect sense ? ;-)

Basically my plugin now has an admin interface and a public interface. The idea would be that you would have some preferences you could set to only run the public one and not the admin one. I guess I don’t really need one for admin only since you could just not include the tag.

Well I don’t think that made any more sense.

Shoving is the answer – pusher robot

#14 2005-04-13 18:49:03

lee

Anyone configed the code to get textile output yet and want to share?

#15 2005-04-13 19:15:39

hakjoon
Website

I can provide a textile config for upm_quicktags.

mary, has the format changed at all since the copy you sent me? If not I can just release the config for my plugin.

#16 2005-04-14 01:22:57

Mary
Sock Enthusiast

Yes, it has. Sending you an email. :)

#17 2005-05-12 02:52:20

alicson
Website

way cool Mary. thank you! :)

textpattern.org :: find and share Textpattern resources
docs.textpattern.io :: Textpattern user documentation

#18 2005-05-12 13:17:46

alexandra

yes, way cool, Mary. Just installed it and works like a charm.

Just one question: would it be possible to improve the image handling? The way it´s doing it now, is not pretty handsome as far as i am concerned. Like when you insert an image, which is already in the database, i rather would like to pull the DB List and select an image.

Okay, this is just a question.

Thanks for a wonderful, easy to use Plugin!

#19 2005-05-12 14:07:37

soulship
Website

Thanks Mary! I had fun testing it. Everything has been working like a champ. I finally even had time to get button customization figured out. A+

#20 2005-05-12 15:45:08

hakjoon
Website

Well I decided to actually do work and get the textile config out since Mary released the plugin. This is just a preliminary implementation with I had been playing with for my admin side version.

Only tags that have textile equivalents were translated. The rest still does xhtml. Images and Links are currently hardcoded so they don’t output textile yet. I think this can be changed and I’ll see if I can work up a fix and submit to Mary.

Let me know of anything that is not working as this is still a work in progress although it has worked decently in my testing (personally I think for the lists the buttons actually make a little more confusing but). If we can get this to work well I might just skip the admin version of mine and just focus on getting this implementation fully fleshed out.

Textile for upm_quicktags

#21 2005-05-12 21:24:36

Mary
Sock Enthusiast

Thanks, Patrick.

alexandra:
“Just one question: would it be possible to improve the image handling? The way it’s doing it now, is not pretty handsome as far as i am concerned. Like when you insert an image, which is already in the database, i rather would like to pull the DB List and select an image.”

A nice idea, but I wouldn’t want to recreate what this nice plugin already does. :)

#22 2005-05-12 22:34:20

alexandra

@Mary
this nice Plugin does not work for me :) right now. i do not know why but i have the vague remambrance that it interferes with another plugin or the url-design.

We had a discussion about txp´s image handling over on the german txp blog. You will probably not understand what was written, but you´ll find a screenshot telling what we like to achieve.
This is: a kind of thumbnail gallery next to the writing-field and a dropdown-field for selecting an image… as well as some more minor functions.

The reason for the discussion is, that once you got 30 or so images, it´s hard to find the image, to remember its name/id .. and so on.

Bastian, the author of the bas_img_selctor did reply to our discussion saying he has no time at all to work on his plugin but agrees with our approach.

Ahead of that all, it is not possible to upload more than one image and not possible to generate a thumbnail of a set size.

Last and least :) the way the image input is handeled with your neat plugin Quicktag is pretty “bulky”. One is asked for url, than size and so on. It would be great if Quicktag could handle image input easier.

I wonder if it is possible to extend Quicktag around a better img handling?

Well it´s pretty late here and my english curve drops to the basement :)

I´d love to sort this out.

Last edited by alexandra (2005-05-12 22:35:21)

#23 2005-05-12 23:30:45

Jeremie
Website

Very nice plugins. Very neat, right to the point, but highly customisable. Along the line, at at least 5 or 6 points, I said to myself “argh they forget that, argh that won’t work” and each time it has (worked, I mean).

It take some work to adapt it to Textile (I really think you should release it for Textile by default), but it works very nice. (Well Textile doesn’t really need these king of buttons, but it reassure the newbies, and demonstrate how Textile is simple :p ).

Last edited by Jeremie (2005-05-12 23:45:36)

#24 2005-05-13 00:11:08

Mary
Sock Enthusiast

alexandra:

“this nice Plugin does not work for me”

I’ve got the fix for bas_img_selector. I posted it in that thread.

“pretty ‘bulky’. One is asked for url, than size and so on.”

That’s by design, not after-thought. This is a Textpattern implementation of Quicktags, and that’s how it works.

“it is not possible to upload more than one image and not possible to generate a thumbnail of a set size”

While its fine to want those things, I didn’t make this plugin to totally overhaul Textpattern’s image handling, so I’m afraid someone else will have to take up that job. It deserves a lot more attention and work than I am up to handling.

Jeremie:

“It take some work to adapt it to Textile”

Patrick (“hakjoon”) has posted a Textile config file. Additionally, the default works with Textile enabled.

Board footer