Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#109 2005-04-20 08:20:13

nils73
Website

Re: mem_glinklist: Grouped Link List

Thanks Manfre. If I can do anything (except for PHP-coding), just let me know. But it’s indeed very good news.

#110 2005-04-20 14:26:59

Jennifer
Website

Is there a working download link for this?

#111 2005-04-20 16:47:47

Manfre
Plugin Author
Website

mem_glinklist Information URL

I fixed the download link. The tag in the article was still using the mod’s syntax, which is why it wasn’t working.

#112 2005-04-30 07:40:10

alicson
Website

has anyone else experienced the limit attribute not working?
i guess it could just be me.. but i’ve tried it on several spots on the site and in different ways.
the regular txp:linklist is accepting limit without hitch.

besides that, this is a new plugin for me, and i’m finding it quite cool :) i can’t quite get link category headers to work out, but i’ve decided to do without them for now anyway. thanks for the mem_glink, manfre :)

*edit:
…just wanted to mention… manfre did end up helping me with this… it ended up being a really silly oversight on my part…
at the moment i’ve forgotten what the oversight was, but it was really trivial and nothing at all to do with the plugin. point is, all is well. :)

Last edited by alicson (2005-05-15 00:21:27)

textpattern.org :: find and share Textpattern resources
docs.textpattern.io :: Textpattern user documentation

#113 2005-05-08 20:16:43

supa
Archived Plugin Author
Website

Hey there Manfre,

I made some modifications to your plugin to help it work better for me and I wanted to share them with you. I think other people might be able to put them to good use. It’s nothing too complicated, but necessary for my directory-style links layout. Added functions:
  • mem_if_links_exist() – executes a block of TXP code if links exist for a category
  • mem_if_subcategories_exist() – executes a block of TXP code if subcategories exist for a category
  • mem_if_category_specified() – Executes a block of TXP code if a category is specified in the URL (lc=cat)
  • mem_if_category_not_specified() – Executes a block of TXP code if a category is NOT specified in the URL (lc=cat)
Added paramters:
  • mem_glinklist() * onlyspecified =0/1 – Only show links if a category is specified in the URL or by attribute (normally it will show all cateogries/links if nothing’s specified). * crumblink =0/1 – Add links to the crumb categories
  • mem_categories() * separator – a separator to put in between categories (wrap didn’t work since it outputs something at the end) * parent – Show categories for the specified parent only

-supa

Last edited by supa (2005-05-11 14:23:49)

#114 2005-05-08 23:01:01

danielk

odd question for anyone that may know. I’m using stw_category_tree to generate menus for links, and would like the category to go to a page of nothing but links and descriptions, etc for only that category, or maybe for only that parent category and all its children. couldnt’t really find anything that would do just that. so…

since mem_glinklist uses ?lc for category links instead of ?c, the links being generated by stw_category_tree wont work. i changed the 2 references in the code for of mem_glinklist, from ‘lc’ to ‘c’, and have the links accessible through section ‘links’.

This seems to work just fine for me, and does what i want, but not being php proficient in any way shape or form, I wanted to make sure that changing that won’t kill something else, or that there isn’t something else out there that outputs something more closely to what I’m looking for.

#115 2005-05-11 14:22:12

supa
Archived Plugin Author
Website

I added a couple more functions

mem_showlinkrating – Show the rating of a specific link using images

mem_addlinkcomment – Add a comment and rating (neg/neut/pos) for a specific link

mem_showlinkcomments – Show the comments and ratings for a specific link

mem_showlink – Show just one link based off the link id

It’s starting to go in a little different direction than what you’ve originally intended, but if you’re interested in the source let me know.

-sab

Last edited by supa (2005-05-11 14:24:54)

#116 2005-05-15 00:23:43

alicson
Website

> danielk wrote:
> since mem_glinklist uses ?lc for category links instead of ?c, the links being generated by stw_category_tree wont work. i changed the 2 references in the code for of mem_glinklist, from ‘lc’ to ‘c’, and have the links accessible through section ‘links’.

danielk, thank you so much for that tip! i don’t know what else that might affect either, but i’ve been wondering why my links page wasn’t responding to category confines… yay :)

#117 2005-05-15 00:30:48

Manfre
Plugin Author
Website

danielk and alicson, I intentionally used “lc” for category instead of ‘c’ because ‘c’ is used primarily by article categories, which are contained separately from the other category lists. At the time I originally added ‘lc’, I saw using ‘c’ as an unnecessary restriction being placed upon the end user. For the time being, I intend on leaving this as ‘c’, but will probably add an option to change it.

supa, I haven’t been ignoring you or your changes. I was on vacation and literally, just got back. I’ll try to put out a newer version with your changes soon. One thing that will be changed is “mem_if_category_not_specified” will be dropped and made to use the built in else tag (EvalElse) so it is consistent.

#118 2005-05-15 01:22:50

danielk

Manfre, I hope you enjoyed your vacation. Hope it was relaxing and no where near a computer.

I figured you had a good reason to do it. As I’m none too literarate in programming, I’m trying to figure out how to keep everything consistent for me. I tend to like the dynamic low-or-no-maintenance stuff, and I couldnt figure any way to have the menus that I have on the site generated by stw_category_tree work with the lc, and didnt want to have manually make the folders, as there will eventually be quite a few links and folders. I just seperated it off into its own section to avoid txp possibly being confused as far as what was what.

Cant speak for anyone but myself, but if there were an option to output as c instead of me mucking up the code, I know that I would use it. No worries though, it does what I need and I am very happy with everything so far.

#119 2005-05-15 04:17:07

alicson
Website

what he said :)
i don’t know how it works either. and don’t quite understand the consequences for using ‘c’ instead of ‘lc’.. just trying to have everything cooperate..

welcome back

#120 2005-05-16 15:21:11

supa
Archived Plugin Author
Website

Heh, no problemo Manfre! I hope your holiday was smashing :)

You can see all the changes I made and how they helped me by visiting my newest site (still in porgress) here

-sab

Board footer