Plugin Author
Website

Re: [plugin] [ORPHAN] rss_suparchive - article archive list

Hey Stuart, try this….Find the line that reads:
<code>
switch ($timeframe) {
</code>

And add this to the switch statement.

<code><pre> case “RECENT”: $posted = “ AND posted <= FROM_UNIXTIME(“.$prev_posted.”)”; break;
</pre></code>

Then call the plugin using <code><txp:rss_suparchive limit=“4” timeframe=“RECENT” /></code>. Sorted.

Last edited by wilshire (2005-04-13 23:33:19)

#158 2005-04-14 08:14:53

thebombsite
Archived Plugin Author
Website

Sorry Rob but not sorted. That made the thumbs disappear completely.

Stuart

In a Time of Universal Deceit
Telling the Truth is Revolutionary.

#159 2005-04-14 10:20:01

Skubidu
Archived Plugin Author
Website

I get the “mysql error” since I upgraded from rev 265 to rev 280.
Perhaps the new sticky feature for articles causes this problem?!

#160 2005-04-14 12:22:59

wilshire
Plugin Author
Website

Crap Stuart. This would depend on your page using a single article view. The <code>$prev_posted</code> value that its using is only present on a single article view, not an article list view.

Let me know if its possible to do it that way, otherwise it might take a bit more work.

Last edited by wilshire (2005-04-14 12:25:15)

#161 2005-04-14 14:42:55

thebombsite
Archived Plugin Author
Website

By that I take it that you mean using the “archive” template. If that’s the case I’ll re-check it because:-

a) titles are not permalinks

and

b) thumbs are permalinks but because they weren’t there I couldn’t view the archive template.

I’ll be back Rob.

Stuart

#162 2005-04-14 15:02:36

thebombsite
Archived Plugin Author
Website

It works Rob! Nice one. Now I suspect this is the really difficult question. Is there any way of making it use the archive template when it opens or is there a way of making the default think it’s a single view remembering that I can’t use a form? Basically can I by-pass the default or am I stuck with it?

Stuart

#163 2005-04-14 15:13:34

thebombsite
Archived Plugin Author
Website

This forum is getting on my nerves but whilst I’m in questioning mode would the reverse of what you have given me use:-

>= instead of <=

Stuart

#164 2005-04-14 16:44:03

wilshire
Plugin Author
Website

Stuart, yes you could change from less than to greater than if you wanted to display posts that are dated after the current one. What you could also do it copy that additional switch condition you already added, change from > to < and give it a new name. Then you could make 2 calls to the plugin, one to display the 2 previous thumbs and one to display the next 2 thumbs.

For your other question, how are you displaying your article on your default page? <code><txp:article limit=“1” /></code>?

#165 2005-04-14 16:51:56

thebombsite
Archived Plugin Author
Website

Part 1 – great, that’s exactly what I was thinking which, naturally, makes this the best photo blog plug-in out there!

Part 2 – that’s what I’m using though there is a form involved as well so I have:-

< txp:article form=“photo_article” listform=“photo_article” limit=“1” / >

Stuart

#166 2005-04-14 16:52:54

wilshire
Plugin Author
Website

Have you tried removing the listform option?

#167 2005-04-14 17:33:17

wilshire
Plugin Author
Website

Sorry, thought more about it and that was a stupid suggestion. What you need to do is skip the front page and go directly to a single article somehow. Not sure if thats possible though.

#168 2005-04-14 20:49:59

thebombsite
Archived Plugin Author
Website

Well thinking about it myself I’m thinking that having the most recent posts on the front-page is probably more appropriate and as the visitor browses the archive template will come into play. I’ll see what James thinks about it. In the meantime I’m getting some slightly odd behaviour. It might be better if you went and had a look.

Apart from adding the extra code to the statement, which I’ve called “LATER” I have also modified the “orderby” line beneath. As we don’t need FUTURE I’ve simply replaced that with LATER then the 2 sorts on the same line are both “asc” so the thumbs appear in the correct order.

At the moment I’m showing the 2 instances of the plug-in on separate lines – RECENT on the top and LATER on the bottom.

If you work backwards to the “House” photo it seems to work fine until you actually get to “House” (which is the earliest post timewise) when all the thumbs disappear. I’m thinking this is because of using “prev_posted” as there is no “prev” for this photo or maybe I haven’t got it straight in my mind. I’ve also tried removing one or other or both of the “=” signs but not with good results.

At the moment each instance of the plug-in is set to show 5 thumbs though there are only 5 in total as it stands. I’ll get James to add a few more. I’ve tried it with 3 each but when you go to “Cherry” which is the latest post the “Plane” thumb doesn’t appear in either row. The problem with having 5 thumbs per instance is that there is no way I can have them side-by-side as I can only get 5 thumbs within the width of the div which is the same as the orange border. I might get six if I placed them outside the div and used the full width of the main container.

Stuart

Board footer