Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#49 2005-01-23 21:38:56

osei
Plugin Author
Website

Re: [plugin] [ORPHAN] glx_if: some conditional tags

hurben: enclose your code with < code > your code < /code > then it wont disappear.

Johan Nilsson

#50 2005-01-23 22:27:11

hurben

Thanks..
I started a new thread: http://forum.textpattern.com/viewtopic.php?id=5920

#51 2005-04-09 02:54:28

alicson
Website

hi, is anyone successfully using glx_if in RC3?
i’m trying to… glx_if_frontpage does not seem to be working at all for me.. but all of it always worked fine for me in RC1

textpattern.org :: find and share Textpattern resources
docs.textpattern.io :: Textpattern user documentation

#52 2005-04-09 03:19:18

alicson
Website

scratch that.

i had accidentally left another conditional in there and it was screwing the rest up.

glx_if is working successfully in RC3. :)

#53 2005-04-09 06:26:27

osei
Plugin Author
Website

> glx_if is working successfully in RC3. :)

glad to hear alicson :)

Johan Nilsson

#54 2005-04-09 20:25:03

soulship
Website

I am wondering here before I start messing around, if possibly someone might save me some time. Am I thinking correctly that I can use this tag on the default page to take care of all specific calls, or should I set up a seperate page for each secion using specific if statements?

I don’t know if that came out right. I am working on someones site to add some extras. They have one page that is used for everything. I would like to keep it that way if possible. Can I keep the one page and simply put all of my conditionals on that single page in my article container?

I think I just need two statements, but that may grow as there content grows. Right now I just want if_frontpage and if_not_frontpage.

#55 2005-04-09 20:51:06

soulship
Website

I can’t edit a post broken So I will answer my own question I guess. It feels as if I can only use one statement per call? Is that right? I am using On the same page. Front page works like a charm, but no deeper pages show content at all:

txp:glx_if_frontpage txp:article_custom form=“article” limit=“3” section=“frontpage” sortby=“Posted” sortdir=“desc” listform=“article” txp:glx_if_frontpage

txp:glx_if_not_frontpage txp:article form=“article” limit=“5” listform=“article” txp:glx_if_not_frontpage

Is this right? Will I need to make a distinct page for if_frontpage and a distinct page for everything else?

Thanks
Jamie

#56 2005-04-09 21:06:52

soulship
Website

Sorry to triple post, but it looks like seperate pages doesn’t work for me either. I made page “default” strickly for if_front_page as it is anyway with the tag:

txp:glx_if_frontpage txp:article_custom form=

#57 2005-04-10 00:06:37

alicson
Website

wait what?
you could (depending on how your site is setup) run everything out of one page, using glx_if..

i would recommend using the output forms around groupings of the html you’re trying to output, with glx_if statements around them appropriately…

you know about the txp:if_individual_article and txp:if_article_list tags, right? that, coupled with glx_if tags (and maybe also mdn_if_section and similar tags) could make it possible for you to run all your html out of one page template.

regarding your most recent post… try using just ONE page template, and paste the following:

<code> <txp:glx_if_frontpage> <txp:if_article_list>
<txp:article_custom form=“article” limit=“3” section=“frontpage” sortby=“Posted” sortdir=“desc” listform=“article” /> </txp:if_article_list> </txp:glx_if_frontpage>

<txp:glx_if_not_frontpage>

<txp:if_article_list>
<txp:article_custom form=“article” limit=“5” listform=“article” /> </txp:if_article_list>

<txp:if_individual_article>
<txp:article /> </txp:if_individual_article>

</txp:glx_if_not_frontpage>

</code>

i think that should do what it seems like you’re trying to achieve.. let me know if i’m misunderstanding.

#58 2005-04-10 01:12:56

soulship
Website

Hmmm,

Yeah, that doesn’t work either alicson. No front page, but inner content shows. <a href=“http://elliottmetal.com/”>The site is here</a> That I’m messing with. I wonder if php as cgi would affect this plugin?

Thanks for looking alicson,

Jamie

#59 2005-04-16 16:24:57

alicson
Website

i don’t know about the php as cgi…
what is the inner content that’s showing that isn’t supposed to?
what version are you using?

#60 2005-04-16 16:29:19

alicson
Website

Johan, i said above that glx_if is working fine in RC3.. mostly, it seems to work perfectly fine. i have run into something though:

i don’t know if this is specific to RC3, because i have never really used this feature of the glx_if plugin before, but it seems that the <txp:glx_if_comments_open> and <txp:glx_if_comments_count operator="greater_than" value="0"> (and similar) tags are not working consistently.

sometimes they work perfectly.. sometimes they just don’t. sometimes the if_comments_count can be made to work by changing things around.. for example: if ‘greater than 0’ doesn’t work, than ‘equal or greater than 1’ might work.. but then that same statement becomes inconsistent elsewhere.
have you seen any evidence of this? has anyone else experienced anything like this? glx_if is working really well otherwise.. i’m not sure how to work out my pages without these tags, etiher…

Board footer