Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2005-01-14 17:44:49

zoeglingjulian
Website

Admin interface helptext translations

Hi,
is there any way of translating the help texts for the admin interface? I know they’re located somewhere on a server, but is there a possibilty to…

1. download them all, translate them, place them on e.g. my own server and change the help-text-URL in a config file, or
  2. translate them and place them on the same server where the original ones are located, and then add an automatism that detects the language setting in your web browser, or the language of your OS and serves you the respective help texts?

I’d like to translate them into German because me and some others are planning to use Textpattern for the website of a pupil magazine (or however you call that in english) where some pupils(writers) are quite young and thus don’t understand english very well.

edit: after several attempts, finally figured out how to make lists with textile ;)

Last edited by zoeglingjulian (2005-01-14 17:48:55)

#2 2005-01-14 18:59:48

kusor
Website

Re: Admin interface helptext translations

That facility exists since the old beta. In fact, I translated the help to spanish then, and I remember that were other guys translating help to other languages.

I know that localized help versions are on Dean plans for a near future. What I can’t tell you is when it will be ready for use. Listen here on the next days and maybe you’ll have a better answer for your question.

#3 2005-01-14 19:06:31

zoeglingjulian
Website

Re: Admin interface helptext translations

Okay, thanks, I’ll wait and see.

Board footer