Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2024-09-03 05:53:35

detail
Website

Fatal error | mysqli_sql_exception

A website using Txp 4.8.8 that had been working for two years suddenly borked it a month ago, possibly due to a PHP upgrade to 8.1, or maybe some malware.

https://paperconservation.co.nz/

I saw that the txplib_db.php file that was flagged for causing problems was dated 28 Jul 2022 was 29.87 KB, and was different from the version available for download on Txp currently, which is dated 25 Jan 2022 and weighs in at 48.78 KB. Clearly different and when I looked the files are not the same.

I therefore replaced the txplib_db.php file to the one that I recently downloaded from txp, and the website is now getting an error message:

<b>Fatal error</b>:  Uncaught mysqli_sql_exception: Access denied for user 'papercon'@'cp-wc40.per01.ds.network' (using password: YES) in /home10/papercon/public_html/textpattern/lib/txplib_db.php:247
Stack trace:
#0 /home10/papercon/public_html/textpattern/lib/txplib_db.php(247): mysqli_real_connect()
#1 /home10/papercon/public_html/textpattern/lib/txplib_db.php(288): DB-&gt;__construct()
#2 /home10/papercon/public_html/textpattern/publish.php(45): include_once('/home10/paperco...')
#3 /home10/papercon/public_html/index.php(107): include('/home10/paperco...')
#4 {main}
  thrown in <b>/home10/papercon/public_html/textpattern/lib/txplib_db.php</b> on line <b>247</b><br />

Any thoughts here, please?

Fatal doesn’t sound good!

Edit: formatting

Last edited by detail (2024-09-03 06:51:51)

#2 2024-09-03 12:00:00

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Re: Fatal error | mysqli_sql_exception

Long shot: has your config.php changed somehow? “Access denied” usually means a MySQL credentials issue or your installation is pointing at the wrong database.

I guess it’s too late to ask what your Diagnostics shows? If it had been showing no differences and the txplib_db.php file was changed then your checksums.txt may have been tempered with too.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

Board footer