Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2024-04-09 07:58:24

colak
Admin
Website GitHub Mastodon Twitter

php mail

We recently had a huge issue with the online com_connect forms as online email providers such as gmail, hotmail, etc no longer accept php mail. Thaks to Stef, the issue was fixed by connecting the forms to smtp mail.

I think though that the issue still exists with the posting of credentials to new new users as I understand that php mail is used for that. I may of course be wrong. A discussion is nevertheless needed on how we can keep the vial communication functionalities, in light of the updates of online email providers.

Yiannis
——————————
NeMe | hblack.art | EMAP | A Sea change | Toolkit of Care
I do my best editing after I click on the submit button.

#2 2024-04-09 08:28:50

phiw13
Plugin Author
Website

Re: php mail

Is it not what Admin > Preferences > Mail > “Use enhanced mail features?” is for? Set to yes, you can configure the whole SMPT stack as needed as I understand it.

That said, that is something that needs documentation – minor mistakes can eventually lead to annoying results.

Where is that emoji for a solar powered submarine when you need it ?
Sand space – admin theme for Textpattern

#3 2024-04-09 08:35:29

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

The system as a whole should respect the Enhanced mail settings. So if you’re doing password resets and setting up new user accounts, you’re saying these are not getting through via SMTP?

Please go through the usual diagnostic routes. Switch on debugging, perform the action, switch debugging off. Then check the smtp mail log file in the temp folder to see if there are any issues flagged there with inability to connect or the SMTP service refusing the message for some reason.

All sending attempts are date stamped in the log file and fully verbose so they should help narrow it down.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#4 2024-04-17 10:05:00

trenc
Plugin Author
Website GitHub

phiw13 wrote #337055:

Is it not what Admin > Preferences > Mail > “Use enhanced mail features?” is for? Set to yes, you can configure the whole SMPT stack as needed as I understand it.

That said, that is something that needs documentation – minor mistakes can eventually lead to annoying results.

Is that a something new feature? I cannot find it this settings my installations….

Never mind, I just read the entry of Stef in which he mentioned the feature.

Last edited by trenc (2024-04-17 10:07:56)

Board footer