Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#13 2023-09-15 10:38:56

Destry
Website

Re: [solved] Blank admin panels

No change on those two ideas.

I do find one error in debug mode in one section of the site:

Tag error: <txp:title escape="tidy, textile" /> ->  Textpattern Notice: Article tags cannot be used outside an article context. while parsing form None on page journal

textpattern/vendors/Textpattern/Tag/Registry.php:142 trigger_error()
textpattern/lib/txplib_publish.php:559 Textpattern\Tag\Registry->process()
textpattern/lib/txplib_publish.php:409 processTags()
textpattern/publish/taghandlers.php:3863 parse()
if_article_list()
textpattern/vendors/Textpattern/Tag/Registry.php:140 call_user_func()
textpattern/lib/txplib_publish.php:559 Textpattern\Tag\Registry->process()
textpattern/lib/txplib_publish.php:409 processTags()
textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php:3626 parse()
textpattern/publish.php:740 parse_page()

It’s hard to check how to fix it with just the Sequal Ace field editor, though. But surely that’s not the problem either. That doesn’t seem to impact anything in Live mode.

#14 2023-09-15 10:43:42

Destry
Website

Okay, I see what’s going on.

The damn theme assignment for those three panels was different. Which is weird, because I don’t think I created them that way, but I can’t remember for sure.

I should be able to normalize that to a common theme, I guess?

Edit: More weirdness… I went to the themes panel to see what pages, etc, were assigned to what theme. And in fact, everything was assigned as I had originally thought, to the right theme. I then clicked the numbers in that panel to look at the specifically assigned pages, and, and that seemed to jostle the can enough that everything righted again in the panel.

Mischievous gremlin, I guess.

Thank you for your time and help, Bloke!

Last edited by Destry (2023-09-15 11:51:47)

#15 2023-09-15 12:18:09

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

That is weird indeed. But I now think I know what happened.

Best guess is that, because it was a cloned database, your theme_editing hidden pref (which governs which theme you are currently working on) was in force on the previous site. But when you migrated, the setting maybe either didn’t come across or (more likely) your user wrangling broke the connection between which theme was in use and the user account you were using on the new subdomain.

If you directly visit the Pages/Forms/Styles panels from the menu bar, it looks up the current in-use theme pref to know which assets to display. When it couldn’t find any such pref (or a corrupt one) then it borked and threw a white screen of death.

Visiting the Pages/Forms/Styles panels from a link on the Themes panel, however, embeds the name of the theme you want to use in the URL. That’s the clincher. Txp then knew which theme you wanted, fetched the correct assets, and at the end of the page load process (over)wrote a new hidden pref for your username to say which theme you were currently working on. From that point forward, everything returns to normal and you can visit the Presentation panels directly.

Very edge casey, I think. Probably not much we can do to guard against it, short of detecting if the pref is missing or doesn’t match an installed theme, and picking the first theme on your behalf.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

Board footer