Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#61 2023-04-03 08:33:30

phiw13
Plugin Author
Website

Re: Any solution to find and use the uploaded images in article?

Latest changes (using v0.9.5) play better with strict(er) CSP directives. Great.

Some minor stuff:

• Your upload icon is not very visible in dark mode – currently no good idea short of changing the html/css structure slightly (e.g. using generated content – ::before instead of a background image and in Dark mode an invert filter for just that). I haven’t build it yet.
  • the icon size can get rather large. In my mockup I changed it to never be larger that 64px. (background-size: min(45%, 64px)
  • similar, the blocked block is quit tall and waisting space. --thumb-h: 64px; seems more pleasing.
  • I have optimised the svg for that icon a little. see the source of the mockup.

Last edited by phiw13 (2023-04-03 08:36:00)

Where is that emoji for a solar powered submarine when you need it ?
Sand space – admin theme for Textpattern

#62 2023-04-03 14:40:21

etc
Developer
Website GitHub

Thank you. The image placeholder dimensions are inherited from the current thumbnails ones. I’d move non-essential CSS rules to a separate stylesheet, perhaps. Then anyone could set them at his liking.

#63 2023-04-04 00:49:30

phiw13
Plugin Author
Website

etc wrote #335246:

The image placeholder dimensions are inherited from the current thumbnails ones.

I realised that long after posting the above. For blocked images, it is a little unfortunate, though as you don’t know the size of the image anyway (images that are smaller than the currently defined thumbnail sizes are not resized anyway, both with smd_thumbnail and the default set up). For blocked images I would argue that a fixed placeholder box would suffice.

(That automatic thumb generation based on the previously uploaded image(s) in the default TXP setup has always annoyed me).

I’d move non-essential CSS rules to a separate stylesheet, perhaps.

Wouldn’t that create additional complications? And I suspect most users won’t bother.

Where is that emoji for a solar powered submarine when you need it ?
Sand space – admin theme for Textpattern

#64 2023-07-17 20:35:22

giz
Website

I’ve love to start using these revisions, but it breaks my edit article links embedded in the public website.

With the updated plugin enabled, clicking on a link like https://domain.com/textpattern/index.php?event=article&step=edit&ID=1 results in a ‘form could not be submitted / not a safe operation’ message.

Any ideas?

Board footer