Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2023-02-14 01:37:21

Centsible

Attempting to edit default page

I am attempting to edit the default page so that I can add the google analytics header info.

When I attempt to create a new page, or edit an existing page (DEFAULT) I get an error “Sorry, the form could not be submitted. Please try again later.”

I did the install, of version 4.8.8 from Softaculous through CPanel

#2 2023-02-14 08:24:17

Dragondz
Website GitHub Twitter

Re: Attempting to edit default page

Hi Centsible

Can you go to Admin/Diagnostic page in the admin and see if there is no warnings or errors ?

Cheers.

#3 2023-02-14 12:16:34

phiw13
Plugin Author
Website

Centsible wrote #334641:

“Sorry, the form could not be submitted. Please try again later.”

That comes up now and then on the forum and is most often caused by some overtly restrictive mod_security configuration by the hosting company.

Your best course of action is contact the support team at your hosting company and explain the issue.

It might be possible (maybe!, some hosting companies prevent it) to disable mod_security. Add the following in your .htaccess file:

<IfModule mod_security.c>
  SecFilterEngine Off
  SecFilterScanPOST Off
</IfModule>

It might help at least temporarily.

Where is that emoji for a solar powered submarine when you need it ?
Sand space – admin theme for Textpattern

#4 2023-02-14 18:41:08

bici
Website Mastodon

Centsible wrote #334641:

I am attempting to edit the default page so that I can add the google analytics header info.

When I attempt to create a new page, or edit an existing page (DEFAULT) I get an error “Sorry, the form could not be submitted. Please try again later.”

I did the install, of version 4.8.8 from Softaculous through CPanel

who is your hosting provider. I once helped a Textpattern user who had a site on Dreamhost and they had this issue. we never resolved the issue as i recall

…. texted postive

#5 2023-03-17 21:13:17

Centsible

Sorry for the long delay, got super busy at work and this slipped my mind entirely.

Hosting with NameCheap, Cpanel, and Softaculus installer

So much easier than the days when I had to upload tar files, and use SSH to manipulate and install PHP apps.

I’ll try the .htaccess tip and see if that helps

#6 2023-03-17 21:33:32

Centsible

I attempted to create a new page, that worked, it was blank.

I copied the content of default.php to my new “DefaultWithGACode.php” And could not save got an error message in a context box “Sorry, the form could not be submitted. Please try again later.”

Im wondering if there is a bit of code within there that is somehow causing the issue? it’s letting me create, modify some…

—EDIT1—

Something to do with code correction / validation?

https://imgur.com/a/ZCz7TKz

with the ONLY thing in the new page box <!DOCTYPE html> it fails to save. If I change that to be AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA it saves just fine

—EDIT2—

I can even start the form with a <!— comment —> and it saves fine, But if I throw a <!DOCTYPE anywhere it wont let me save

Last edited by Centsible (2023-03-17 21:43:30)

Board footer