Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2023-03-07 08:12:20

sanjay.hind

Some comments to textpattern

Since 2015 I’m a freelancer, designing and developing websites for different clients, I used Joomla and Wordpress.
Currently, I found this CMS and it’s the best choice for web developers as it’s very easy and fully customizable, you can easily make dynamic any html templates. Also no-one can understand in which CMS the website is developed which is a plus point for us, because if some security vulnerability flaw to any CMS, so hackers will try with that and also some other positive points are to hide which CMS is using. So, I thank all Textpattern team for having such great CMS !
I’m very well in front-end designing, let me know if I can support the Textpattern from the interface perspective.

But, if you don’t mind I’ve some some recommendations if the team consider about that.
1. e-Commerce solution maybe to develop a user-friendly plugin or consider by default in Textpattern core.
2. Having user friendly to clients for Menu Management interface in Textpattern panel.
3. Text-editor and image management to articles by default in Textpattern core.
4. Form management, maybe using for contact, suggestions, survey, etc…
Overall, Textpattern is the best for me as I’m developing the current projects in Textpattern. From 1-2023 to now I developed 15 websites in Textpattern and just 2 websites in Wordpress, because that was e-Commerce and I didn’t find any solution for e-Commerce in Textpattern.

#2 2023-03-07 10:43:21

etc
Developer
Website GitHub

Re: Some comments to textpattern

Thank you, we are glad you appreciate Textpattern (and agree on the best CMS). We are a small team and not always have time/skills/wish/etc to implement extra functionality, especially if it would make txp core much heavier. We usually delegate it to plugins, and there are some (text editors, basic e-Commerce) that you can find on the forum. Having official ‘core’ plugins (like com_connect or com_article_image) for, say, e-Commerce would be nice, but someone has to write it.

To help, you can promote txp by showcasing your sites, develop a theme or a plugin, contribute translation, docs or code, etc. And, most importantly, enjoy txp! :-)

#3 2023-03-07 10:45:35

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

I echo what etc just said. Thank you for the kind words. E-commerce is something that’s lacking and has been on my radar for ages but I simply haven’t had time to finish the plugin I started. It’s an extensible mashup / remix of yab_shop, which is the closest we have to something cart/checkout-like.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#4 2023-03-11 16:10:08

raminrahimi

Great comments !
I also need a good and user-friendly ECommerce plugin for TXP.
I can pay if someone is interested to develop the plugin, after that we can upload to TXP Plugins directory and anyone can download free ;-)

Board footer