Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#49 2004-11-22 15:21:33

wilshire
Plugin Author
Website

Re: [plugin] [ORPHAN] rss_suparchive - article archive list

> rduncalfe wrote:
Is it possible just to have a list of the months without displaying the Titles below it, until you click on the specific month?

As it is now, no. Something like the date aware plugin might take care of this but I’m not sure

Just that when I figure out how to import my blogger archives (or have entered them all in by hand!!) I’ll have 250+ titles on the one archive page- which will be very large and messy.

There are a couple ways I can think of getting around this.
  1. Define a form and limit when using the plugin. This will allow you to limit the number of articles that appear on each page and then you can link to the previous and next pages in your archive. This is Example 5 on my site.
  1. I use a TOC/category filter on my archive page using the stw_category_tree plugin so that the number of articles are limited that way.

Hope that helps…

#50 2004-11-22 19:09:44

Manfre
Plugin Author
Website

Just that when I figure out how to import my blogger archives (or have entered them all in by hand!!) I’ll have 250+ titles on the one archive page- which will be very large and messy.

It doesn’t get that messy with 250+ titles on one archive page. It all depends on how you organize it. I’ve got about 500 and it doesn’t seem that bad.

#51 2004-11-25 09:40:17

rduncalfe

Thanks for the advice guys; will try that out ASAP. Will let you know how it goes…

#52 2004-12-09 16:12:47

wilshire
Plugin Author
Website

The easiest thing to do would be to change the call to look like this:
<code>
<txp:rss_suparchive form=“default” limit=“2”/>
</code>

This will use the default article form that comes with TXP. If you go to the edit view for that form you’ll see a listing of tags to the left that you can then add. Once you’re comfortable with that you can begin to create your own forms and then just change the form name from default to whatever you create.

Let me know if you have any troubles.

#53 2004-12-09 22:52:36

Martagnan
Website

Is it possible to use this plugin to produce a recent article list generated from multiple sections. I have 3 different sections but want to produce a list that shows all most recent posts from all sections.

I am currently using mem_article_custom to achieve the desired effect but I would prefer to use rss_superarchive if possible.

Cheers

#54 2004-12-10 00:36:44

wilshire
Plugin Author
Website

Yes, you can get articles from multiples sections like this:
<code>
<txp:rss_suparchive section=“articles,photos,blah,blah,blah” />
</code>

You can include as many sections as you’d like separated by commas, no spaces.

#55 2004-12-10 09:34:20

Martagnan
Website

Yeah, sorry… I have tried this and it seems the top part of the date is displayed by default. So if I limit my display to say 5 (limit=“5”) articles I get something like…

OCTOBER
This is an article
Another Story
Something I wrote

NOVEMBER
Even more content
Some stuff

I need to get rid of the month header and just have a straight list of say 5 articles, like this…

This is an article
Another Story
Something I wrote
Even more content
Some stuff

Hope that makes more sense.

Thanks

Last edited by Martagnan (2004-12-10 09:35:32)

#56 2004-12-10 16:33:53

wilshire
Plugin Author
Website

Now I gotcha. The display of some kind of date header isn’t something that can be turned off as of now. It wouldn’t be that bad to add a way to turn it off but I don’t know what that would do in terms of validation. Since its a definition list, removing the date display would leave the list without a <code><dt></code> tag which may or may not validate. I’m not really sure on that.

You may be able to get around it with some CSS majic. Try setting the <code><dt></code> tag to display: none; or maybe a height of 0. Let me know if its possible to get what you’re looking for that way.

If not I can look into adding a flag to hide it.

#57 2004-12-10 16:52:24

Martagnan
Website

Thanks Wilshire – I wont get chance to try this till saturday so i’ll let you know!

#58 2004-12-14 20:26:09

EGO

I have suparchive on my site, but the links aren’t underlined. How is this possible.

Is it possible to put a picture in front of every link like on my homepage?

#59 2004-12-15 20:32:09

mistersugar
Website

Thanks for this plugin. Working great … except for the subdateformat, which seems to only give the two-digit date regardless of other variables; e.g., I have <txp:rss_suparchive dateformat=“Y” showsubdate=“1” subdateformat=“j” subdatesep=” : “ /> but I only get ’13 : [link]’.

I’d like to get this:

Dec
15 : article link

What should I be using?

And a second question: Why is the output for the dated archives in definition coding but the category archives are unordered lists? As you might surmise, I’m stuck on the ways to style the two.

Last edited by mistersugar (2004-12-15 21:10:34)

Board footer