Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2022-10-14 21:56:23

ironmangary

Where have you been all my life?

I am, what you can call a hobbyest and gamer who prefers to write games. I recently had an idea for a game, and thought I could do it in PHP. Unfortunately, I just don’t know enough PHP to make it work and securely, so I decided to use a CMS. Enter Wordpress. In my job, I deal with Wordpress a lot, although not necessarily the design aspect. Well, as a visually impaired (blind) programmer, I’m finding that WP is going more towards block editors and is more difficult for me to do simple tasks.

So, I started on the hunt for a CMS that would be more accessible. Good luck, right? Then I stumbled upon Textpattern. I am proficient in HTML and have just enough knowledge to be able to grasp the TXP mark-up language. With the glx_custom_fields plugin, I am fairly confident that I’ll be able to do my project!

I wish I would have found txp sooner, but at least I found you guys. Thanks for creating and continuing to maintain and support such a cool product!

#2 2022-10-14 22:34:47

uli

Re: Where have you been all my life?

Hi, ironmangary, and welcome to the Textpattern forum! Just to be sure: This one here, the glz_custom_fields plugin is the most recent version for TXP v4.8.8. For any questions: we’re here to help.

Have fun!

In bad weather I never leave home without wet_plugout, smd_where_used and adi_form_links

#3 2022-10-15 01:24:29

ironmangary

Re: Where have you been all my life?

Yup, that’s the one I got. Thanks for checking and thanks for the warm welcome!

Board footer