Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2022-09-02 23:32:11

Vitruvius
Plugin Author

Site migration to new host – host of problems

Well the good news is the site is a lot snappier in terms of performance… but there are some weird issues I’m having trouble resolving.

All TXP diagnostics passed, PHP v7.4

Issues:

1. TXP backend

Some Pages, Articles, Forms are not be displayed so they can be edited in Textpattern. The text boxes are blank. The pages render fine on the public side – but they are blank in the admin. I can create new pages/articles/forms and see/edit them. I can also see some pages/articles/forms but not others – seemingly randomly.

2. Special characters are not displaying correctly on the public side – it’s rendering a question-mark symbol in safari and chrome for some special characters.

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance

S

#2 2022-09-03 01:49:31

phiw13
Plugin Author
Website

Re: Site migration to new host – host of problems

for your second issue, that is probably a mismatch between the character encoding used by the database and what is used by Textpattern.

Where is that emoji for a solar powered submarine when you need it ?
Sand space – admin theme for Textpattern

#3 2022-09-03 06:19:59

Vitruvius
Plugin Author

Re: Site migration to new host – host of problems

Thanks for that information!

It turns out there was a mismatch between character encoding in the database and the txp config file – and once they were set the same (after a lot of completely unqualified tinkering) – that solved both the problems above.

I’ve now noticed a new problem with 403 errors on some settings changes in the TXP backend – but I’ll start a new thread for that me thinks.

Board footer