Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2022-08-01 19:16:21

pexman

update from 4.7.2 to 4.8.4

I had some trouble (because my lazy mind I took the filemanager thunar to extract the 4.8.4zip and copied the textpattern-files in the current textpatternfolder ) and was surprised that some files could not be copied. I had no choice but to skip the error message: “File xy is not a folder, cancel, or continue”. After that I had to manually check each folder and manually paste missing files).

Now the admin panel almost works. When I log in I come directly to the panel. where I can write new articles. I can also save them. But if I first choose another topic after logging in and then go to articles, I get the message: We don’t think this is a good idea now, – the article-panel doesn’t open anymore.

My website is not accessible. However, I have created a copy under another domain before, which works. Strangely, the diagnostics of the copied old textpattern installation shows me the new version, but I can write texts here, go to other topics, go back from there, it’s no problem.
The diagnostic site of the clone-copy shows some failures.

/var/www/vhosts/arteurope.de/arteurope.de is not accessible. Hilfe

/var/www/vhosts/arteurope.de/arteurope.de/index.php is not accessible. Hilfe

.htaccess file is missing. Hilfe

The following PHP functions (which may be necessary to run Textpattern) are disabled on your server: opcache_get_status Hilfe

Site URL preference might be incorrect: 2pex.de Hilfe

Bilderverzeichnis is not writable: /var/www/vhosts/arteurope.de/arteurope.de/images
Datei-Upload-Pfad is not writable: /var/www/vhosts/arteurope.de/arteurope.de/files
Verzeichnis für Designs is not writable: /var/www/vhosts/arteurope.de/arteurope.de/themes
Temporäres Verzeichnis is not writable: /var/www/vhosts/arteurope.de/arteurope.de/textpattern/tmp Hilfe

but the main domain, with the update installation shows no red colored failure. There must be something with the rights going wrong. Somebody an idea? What information I have to supplement for a qualifized answer?

ps:

my website shows this:

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function assert_context() in /var/www/vhosts/arteurope.de/arteurope.de/textpattern/publish/taghandlers.php:2026 Stack trace: #0 [internal function]: posted() #1 /var/www/vhosts/arteurope.de/arteurope.de/textpattern/vendors/Textpattern/Tag/Registry.php(140): call_user_func() #2 /var/www/vhosts/arteurope.de/arteurope.de/textpattern/lib/txplib_publish.php(543): Textpattern\Tag\Registry->process() #3 /var/www/vhosts/arteurope.de/arteurope.de/textpattern/lib/txplib_publish.php(403): processTags() #4 /var/www/vhosts/arteurope.de/arteurope.de/textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(3294): parse() #5 /var/www/vhosts/arteurope.de/arteurope.de/textpattern/plugins/aks_article/aks_article.php(268): parse_form() #6 /var/www/vhosts/arteurope.de/arteurope.de/textpattern/plugins/aks_article/aks_article.php(40): aks_article_doArticles() #7 [internal function]: aks_article() #8 /var/www/vhosts/arteurope.de/arteurope.de/textpattern/vendors/Textpattern/Tag/Registry.php(140): call_user_func() #9 /var/www in /var/www/vhosts/arteurope.de/arteurope.de/textpattern/publish/taghandlers.php on line 2026

————————————————————————————————————

I have now changed the updated new textpattern folder back to the old one and my website is visible again.

Last edited by pexman (2022-08-01 19:30:08)

#2 2022-08-02 03:19:59

phiw13
Plugin Author
Website

Re: update from 4.7.2 to 4.8.4

Can you try again uploading all files by first unzipping the downloaded Textpattern (4.8.8 is the latest) and then uploading plain SFTP ?

Where is that emoji for a solar powered submarine when you need it ?
Sand space – admin theme for Textpattern

#3 2022-08-02 05:02:44

jakob
Admin
Website

I’d agree with Philippe. The assert_context error message in the second block suggests you still have an old version of txplib_misc.php on your site, as that function was added later.

The first set of error message on your cloned site probably relate to your cloned site being in another directory and so the various domain and file directory settings under Admin › Einstellungen are wrong. However, if you’re using the same database for your clone as for the main site (you said the diagnostics are showing the new version in the old site*), changing those entries will affect your main updated site.

If you need a hand sorting it out, feel free to contact me via my email on the forum. I’m in Germany and probably it just needs some methodical piecing together and perhaps a change to some plugins (you have aks_article in there and I’m not sure if that still works – or may not be necessary anymore).

*If you are seeing the new Textpattern version in the diagnostics of the old site that you know is still on 4.7.2, it would definitely be advisable to upgrade as the database will have been changed somewhat as part of the upgrade process and that may start introducing problems when working with the older version’s site files. If you now upgrade to 4.8.8 (rather than 4.8.4) it should update the database to correspond to the changes since 4.8.4.

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

#4 2022-08-02 12:36:28

pexman

Thank you very much for the answers. I took the advice and did the transfer of the files from update 4.8.8 again with an ftp program FileZilla – and that worked. However, the diagnostics show me an update to 4.8.4, but I think it’s ok for now. Everything works and I will delete the cloned page soon.

Thanks for your offer Admin Jacob, sometime in the not too distant future, I would like to take it. But I’m still busy to prepare the whole content. Some things are not very cleverly done, e.g. the amount of plug-ins I have installed in the meantime, it would be nice if I could get that back to simplicity.

Board footer