Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2022-07-19 09:28:40

Gallex

category image

hi!

can i somehow associate image with category? like i can article through article image field.
i would like to create category list with images, similar to article list. impossible?

#2 2022-07-19 09:32:16

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Re: category image

If you define an Image Category tree then yes. You can associate any uploaded image with a category. And then use <txp:category_list type="image" /> to show them.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#3 2022-07-19 10:41:53

Gallex

Bloke wrote #333720:

If you define an Image Category tree then yes. You can associate any uploaded image with a category. And then use <txp:category_list type="image" /> to show them.

brilliant! will try soon

#4 2022-07-20 23:58:39

peterj

If I needed to generate a list of linked article categories with an image associated with each category, and the client needed to be able to edit, I might try one of these to connect an image to an article category:

• set up image categories matching the article categories and assign one image to each then call using something like <txp:category_list><txp:permlink><txp:images category="<txp:category />" limit="1"><txp:image /> etc
  • or name an image with the same name as a category and call it up with name="<txp:category />.jpg"
  • or use jcr_image_custom to add an extra field to the image panel, where the client can add the article category id or name.

#5 2022-07-21 05:23:35

colak
Admin
Website GitHub Mastodon Twitter

peterj wrote #333725:

If I needed to generate a list of linked article categories with an image associated with each category, and the client needed to be able to edit, I might try one of these to connect an image to an article category:

• set up image categories matching the article categories and assign one image to each then call using something like <txp:category_list><txp:permlink><txp:images category="<txp:category />" limit="1"><txp:image /> etc
  • or name an image with the same name as a category and call it up with name="<txp:category />.jpg"
  • or use jcr_image_custom to add an extra field to the image panel, where the client can add the article category id or name.

Or you can create a new image category, say mix_categories, add images there, and then use the name field of the images to link to the categories.

<txp:images category="mix_categories" limit="99" wraptag="div" break="" class="mix_categories">
<a href="<txp:image_info type="name" />"><txp:image /></a>
</txp:images>

Yiannis
——————————
NeMe | hblack.art | EMAP | A Sea change | Toolkit of Care
I do my best editing after I click on the submit button.

Board footer