Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2022-01-14 10:12:00

colak
Admin
Website GitHub Twitter

Austrian DSB: Use of Google Analytics illegal

The Austrian Data Protection Authority (“Datenschutzbehörde” or “DSB”) has decided that the continuous use of Google Analytics violates the GDPR. noyb.eu/en/austrian-dsb-eu-us-data-transfers-google-analytics-illegal

Yiannis
——————————
neme.org | hblack.net | State Machines | NeMe @ github
I do my best editing after I click on the submit button.

#2 2022-01-14 11:46:07

Destry
Website

Re: Austrian DSB: Use of Google Analytics illegal

‘This is a very detailed and sound decision. The bottom line is: Companies can’t use US cloud services in Europe anymore. It has now been 1.5 years since the Court of Justice confirmed this a second time, so it is more than time that the law is also enforced.’ – Schrems

Would Cloudflare be considered a ‘cloud service’? The name would suggest so.

#3 2022-01-14 20:17:17

jakob
Admin
Website

Re: Austrian DSB: Use of Google Analytics illegal

I doubt many people will change, but if any of you are interested in checking out the cookie-free and privacy-friendly simpleanalytics.io, you (and I) can get a month free (i.e. a 37 day trial rather than 7 days) if you use my affiliate link to sign up to simpleanalytics and decide to stick with them.

You can manage tracking for multiple sites on the base 9€/month with one account provided that together they don’t exceed 100,000 page views. It’s easy to set up and provides good basic stats. Benefits:

• Cookie-free & privacy-friendly
  • GDPR compliant, no cookie consent bar required (for this at least)
  • Servers in the Netherlands
  • No personal data collected, no data sold. See what’s collected (tabular overview).
  • Route the script through an own subdomain if you want to prevent adblockers from blocking
  • Supports Do Not Track browser settings automatically

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

Board footer