Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#13 2021-11-17 08:13:07

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Re: Free lifetime 3gb Strongspace account......

I was going to suggest Mega. I use them for basic encrypted storage and was going to look into using their api to automate rsync backups of my server there. One day.

I might have a referral link somewhere, not sure if they have those any more, but if I do I’ll post it here. Might be worth a try in case it gives you any benefits too.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#14 2021-11-17 09:03:20

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Here’s my Mega referral link. Whether there’s anything in it for you if you use it is unclear and I think I only get anything if I refer 10 people anyway (and they buy a plan) so it might not be worth it, but it’s there if you want to use it.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#15 2021-11-17 09:47:14

gaekwad
Server grease monkey
GitHub

bici wrote #331979:

i simply want to back up my websites and sql files via rsync on a monthly basis to some service that allows access via scripts that i can schedule via cron job.

www.rsync.net fits your shopping list.

Edit: see also PHPBU & Restic for storage-agnostic glue.

Last edited by gaekwad (2021-11-17 09:58:39)

#16 2021-11-30 01:07:49

mistersugar
Website

bici wrote #331979:

PS i finally recovered my archive from my Strongspace account

How?! I’m still locked out of mine.

#17 2021-11-30 01:32:55

bici
Website Mastodon

mistersugar wrote #332049:

How?! I’m still locked out of mine.

I contacted support and after a long, long, wait managed to get my data.
I moved everything to MEGA Drive on Bloke’s recommendation. Have not managed to find a rsync option.

Last week i also found out that i have free access to 1Tb of storage on OneDrive. I will explore to see if there is a rsync option with OneDrive.

…. texted postive

#18 2021-11-30 10:03:47

jakob
Admin
Website

bici wrote #332050:

I contacted support and after a long, long, wait managed to get my data.
I moved everything to MEGA Drive on Bloke’s recommendation. Have not managed to find a rsync option.

Maybe sync2mega is some help?

Last week i also found out that i have free access to 1Tb of storage on OneDrive. I will explore to see if there is a rsync option with OneDrive.

And Rclone does something similar for OneDrive (config) and many other cloud services.

FWIW: I use myrepono (my referral link) for FTP and DBs. It’s not free but volume/traffic-based so very affordable if you have mostly small sites to deal with. Works reliably, only transfers what’s changed and notifies if there has been difficulty. You can set backup intervals and quantity of past backups to store as needed. You buy credits and top up as needed periodically.

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

#19 2021-11-30 16:14:04

bici
Website Mastodon

jakob wrote #332056:

Maybe sync2mega is some help?

And Rclone does something similar for OneDrive (config) and many other cloud services.

FWIW: I use myrepono (my referral link) for FTP and DBs. It’s not free but volume/traffic-based so very affordable if you have mostly small sites to deal with. Works reliably, only transfers what’s changed and notifies if there has been difficulty. You can set backup intervals and quantity of past backups to store as needed. You buy credits and top up as needed periodically.

thanks. i’ll take a look at myrepono. i am not tech savvy i need basic instructions. Both OneDrive nd Megaclone requires one to install software on the server. in the past i used simple rsync that was available on the unix server that had my data. #KISS is my motto

…. texted postive

Board footer