Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2021-10-19 06:20:53

phiw13
Plugin Author
Website

forum slow today ?

I visited the forum around 11:50 local time (JST), and then 15:05, and both took a long time to display something (~20+sec); log-in went well, though. On the second visit, I had twice the Cloudfare error page when accessing the ‘Core development’ page (time between attempts: ~10sec). at the third attempt, ~5min later, all went smoothly.

Where is that emoji for a solar powered submarine when you need it ?
Sand space – admin theme for Textpattern

#2 2021-10-19 16:14:35

gaekwad
Server grease monkey
GitHub

Re: forum slow today ?

Strange. Thank you for the report. From your timestamps, I think the former coincided with a reboot after some packages updated. There is no sane way to schedule this where nobody is affected, so I tend to aim for the quieter times…which I think we’ve covered before when you had another issue with availability…hmm.

There has been a big uptick in bot traffic this month, even with the Cloudflare stuff we do get a thrashing from time to time, there doesn’t appear to be anything out of the ordinary in the logs…so, annoyingly, I’m not sure what the root cause is. Sorry about that.

#3 2021-10-19 22:35:57

phiw13
Plugin Author
Website

Re: forum slow today ?

Yes the first occurence is probably that server maintenance time we’ve discussed before. I mentioned it to complete more than anything – it did seem a bit slower that usual, but “seem” does a lot of work here :-).

For the second occurence, well, ok, maybe I did visit together with some naughty bot… It wasn’t mines, my evil twin is enjoying some well deserved autumn holiday.

At the moment the forum is very fast.

Where is that emoji for a solar powered submarine when you need it ?
Sand space – admin theme for Textpattern

Board footer