Textpattern CMS support forum
- From: Melbourne, Australia
- Registered: 2005-06-02
- Posts: 99
Re: database body fields and text encoding
I tried Ruud’s plugins but that didn’t succeed (or I used them incorrectly).
What did work is what it says to do in the moving installation docs – upgrade before the move! Using my hosts file I took the site from 4.6.2 to 4.7.3 on the old server, updated or deleted old plugins, then took it across and it is fine.
Charset (default/config): utf8/utf8 character_set_client: utf8 character_set_connection: utf8 character_set_database: latin1 character_set_filesystem: binary character_set_results: utf8 character_set_server: latin1 character_set_system: utf8 character_sets_dir: /usr/share/mysql/charsets/ collation_connection: utf8_general_ci collation_database: latin1_swedish_ci collation_server: latin1_swedish_ci
I had a defunct old txp4.5.5 site zipped up that I wanted to reinstate. I uploaded this to the new server, using php5.6. Everything was latin1. After an upgrade on the new server to 4.8.7 it looked fine and all changed to utf8. Once plugins sorted out I’ll push it up to current PHP.
Last edited by peterj (2021-08-25 03:41:13)